Windows 10: How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account?

Discus and support How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am entangled in identity theft and the Microsoft account have used for 20 years is impossible to defend. I would like to start with a completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimothyWagner2, Sep 30, 2019.

1. How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account?

I am entangled in identity theft and the Microsoft account have used for 20 years is impossible to defend. I would like to start with a completely new account with never before used security options. If I make changes I can be trailed too easily. However I do not want to lose Windows 10 digital license.

The data One Drive etc Is easy I just download to removable media and keep. However, I will have to completely degauss hard drives and reinstall then during installation create a new account. Any suggestions?

:)

TimothyWagner2, Sep 30, 2019

2. Transfer Windows 10 digital license to a new Microsoft account, is this possible?

Hi,

Currently, I'm having a Windows 10 digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The license is actually a Windows 8 one but upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period. But now, for certain reasons, I want to
    delete my current Microsoft account and create a new one. Could I somehow
    transfer the digital license to the new Microsoft account? FYI I still have the Windows 8 product key with me, but I'm not 100% sure it's OEM or Retail or whether it matters in this situation at all.

Is this process possible somehow?

Thank you for reading this. Any help is appreciated.

BooKoo1234, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

4. How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account?

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account? [​IMG]

MCardona81, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account?

1. How do I delete microsoft account and transfer digital upgrade license to a brand new account? - Similar Threads - delete microsoft account

2. How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...: Hey, I recently purchased a laptop which came with "Windows 11 Home and Student". During the initial boot and setup of windows 11 on that new machine, I was asked to sign in to a Microsoft account which I later came to know was for the Digital license to link to the account....
  3. How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer "Microsoft digital license" from a existing microsoft account to a new...: Hey, I recently purchased a laptop which came with "Windows 11 Home and Student". During the initial boot and setup of windows 11 on that new machine, I was asked to sign in to a Microsoft account which I later came to know was for the Digital license to link to the account....
  4. Transfer digital license to another account

Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  5. Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I recently built a new computer, and will be giving my old computer to a relative. My Windows 10 digital license is tied to my Microsoft Account but unfortunately, I cannot use this license for my new computer.Is it possible to transfer this license to my relative's Microsoft...
  6. Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

Can a Windows 10 Digital License be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I recently built a new computer, and will be giving my old computer to a relative. My Windows 10 digital license is tied to my Microsoft Account but unfortunately, I cannot use this license for my new computer.Is it possible to transfer this license to my relative's Microsoft...
  7. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  8. Transferring digital license to different account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring digital license to different account: So, the digital license I was using before I replaced my motherboard is on an account that decided that the password I'm using is right is wrong. Confusing, but I want to transfer the digital license to my other account, so the activation will be easier. How does that work?...
  9. Digital license transfer to another account

Digital license transfer to another account: Hey, I want to change the Microsoft account linked with my PC. However, I am uncertain if by doing so my digital license will be transferred to the new account. I have ensured that the older account is signed out from my device. I was also observing the activation page which...
  10. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?: So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license". all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't...