Windows 10: How do I get Edge tab/page previews back?

Discus and support How do I get Edge tab/page previews back? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For a while I had a new feature in the Edge browser ---- previews of new pages / tabs. It has disappeared. Can anyone tell me how do I get it back? 42038 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, Feb 24, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

How do I get Edge tab/page previews back?

For a while I had a new feature in the Edge browser ---- previews of new pages / tabs. It has disappeared. Can anyone tell me how do I get it back?

:)

clayto, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Clayto222 Win User

Edge browser preview issue

For a while I had a new feature in the Edge browser ---- a preview of new pages / tabs. It has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Clayto222, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Clayto222 Win User
    How do I write a Reminder note with a stylus in Cortana?

Regarding Casting from Edge. Is it the case that I would not see see a menu item if I do not have a suitable casting device attached? I only have Chromecast.

But also, my Edge browser is missing the tab preview feature. Hovering over a tab only brings up the 'title' of the tab which is already visible --- there is no preview of the page.

Clayto222, Feb 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    I'd like to know how you got rid of em!

Edwin, Feb 24, 2016
  6. clayto Win User
    Thanks for the replies. I will try SFC / DISM. For reasons discussed (to death) a repair install is not a practical option for me.

clayto, Feb 25, 2016
  7. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Feb 25, 2016
  8. philc43 Win User

philc43, Feb 25, 2016
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware of that.

brummyfan, Feb 25, 2016
  10. clayto Win User
    SFC and DISM did not resolve the problem. Whereas " you may need to do a repair install with an in-place upgrade" is not an option for me "reinstalling Edge" itself might well be --- I have just found a good YouTube video dealing with it --- but using the Powershell re-register App Packages command is something to avoid at present, as has been said.

clayto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get Edge tab/page previews back? - Similar Threads - Edge tab page

2. Edge Chromium New tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium New tab page: Just wanted to see some responses that do you think MS Edge will have an option to use a Blank page instead of that annoying MS search bar? Thats one of the reasons I switched to using Firefox. 181404
  3. Edge Legacy removed. How do I get it back?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Legacy removed. How do I get it back?: Greetings, There is a problem with Microsoft Answers that doesn't allow you to ask a question in the Edge Legacy forum. The latest Windows Update has removed Edge Legacy. How do I get it back, especially my Favorites? How do I prevent Windows Update from removing other...
  4. Tab previews edge chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Tab previews edge chromium: Is tab previews a feature of edge chromium? Kind of how one can preview the windows when hovering over the taskbar I seem to remember could do the same with tabs open on edge, or old edge. Is this not a feature in edge chromium? I am just on the normal public build. thanks,...
  5. how do I get msn butterfly back on my start page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get msn butterfly back on my start page: how do I get ms butterfly back on my start page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-msn-butterfly-back-on-my-start-page/1483d115-d4a7-43d3-9e42-18c22ab4ef89
  6. How do I stop getting web page not responding then recover web page? I get this on Edge....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop getting web page not responding then recover web page? I get this on Edge....: This problem has been going on for some time. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-getting-web-page-not-responding-then/1b73d1d7-6d10-4f51-b22b-c81fbb7ba81a
  7. How do I get back to the version of Edge I had last week?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get back to the version of Edge I had last week?: The new version has wiped out my favorites and a treasured screen saver, adds much more time to get my computer started, wiped out connection for my e-mail. Every time I try to re-add favorites, it looks fine until I sign off and then it goes back to the beginning....
  8. how do i get back windows 10 start page.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get back windows 10 start page.: Hi, somehow I lost my windows 10 start page. the menu disappeared and the icons are all over the in no particular order. Does anyone know how I can fix it. Thank you...
  9. how do i get the news page when i open edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get the news page when i open edge?: how do I get news page when I open edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/how-do-i-get-the-news-page-when-i-open-edge/018c8cff-fa37-46a1-a642-3a0b01007c52
  10. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826