Windows 10: How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display

Discus and support How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every time my laptop goes to sleep, it wakes up with extended displays rather than display on display 2 only I am trying to do this so I can keep my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Paul Coady, May 15, 2020.

1. How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display

Every time my laptop goes to sleep, it wakes up with extended displays rather than display on display 2 only

I am trying to do this so I can keep my laptop closed when using it at home

:)

Paul Coady, May 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Bad Screen after wakeup from sleep

I have provided answers inline in the quote.

Thanks to help me out.

Swinder0161, May 15, 2020
  3. Gman_640 Win User
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, May 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display

Change Lock Screen Display Off Timeout in Windows 10

It won't send you to the lock screen when the timeout has been reached.

Console lock display off timeout is the amount of minutes Windows will wait idle with no activity while on the lock screen when a user locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display.

You might see if these below may be turning off the display instead.

Brink, May 15, 2020
Thema:

How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display

1. How do i get my laptop to wakeup fro sleep with the lock screen on my external hdmi display - Similar Threads - laptop wakeup fro

2. How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?: I've gone into the settings of everything I can to change my name on my lock screen, but I still get dead named when I sign in. Brinson Faglier is no longer my legal name, it is now Mae Faglier. I would just like my pc to show my name correctly, but it is the only place that...
  3. How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?: I've gone into the settings of everything I can to change my name on my lock screen, but I still get dead named when I sign in. Brinson Faglier is no longer my legal name, it is now Mae Faglier. I would just like my pc to show my name correctly, but it is the only place that...
  4. How do I get my name to change on my lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How Do I Get My Windows 11 Asus Laptop to Detect External LG Display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Get My Windows 11 Asus Laptop to Detect External LG Display?: I recently purchased an LG monitor for an ASUS laptop. When I plug the monitor into the laptop via the HDMI port, I go to display settings and click the Detect button. All I ever see displayed is that no monitor was detected. The LG monitor was working for a couple of days...
  6. How Do I Get My Windows 11 Asus Laptop to Detect External LG Display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Get My Windows 11 Asus Laptop to Detect External LG Display?: I recently purchased an LG monitor for an ASUS laptop. When I plug the monitor into the laptop via the HDMI port, I go to display settings and click the Detect button. All I ever see displayed is that no monitor was detected. The LG monitor was working for a couple of days...
  7. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?: I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10. The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it shows my calendar on that screen. When I clear it the tablet goes right into Windows without any annoying, unnecessary logins....
  8. Windows 10 sleeps my laptop display and my two external displays (one from hdmi, another...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sleeps my laptop display and my two external displays (one from hdmi, another...: Sometimes I have to leave my desk for a minutes, and when I come, around 5-10 minutes, all the screens are "off", I move my mouse or keyboard and only main principal screen turns on, I put my password, and surprise, everything is again in main screen, and minimized most of...
  9. how do I get my display to show on the tv using HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I get my display to show on the tv using HDMI: Have surface pro wired to tv with HDMI but it does not appear on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-display-to-show-on-the-tv-using/7fd7c623-ed1a-491f-81b7-5a61c6e3f075
  10. On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    On computer wakeup, how do go straight to my desktop? stop Lock screen: Every morning when I press a key to wake my computer up, I then have to click 2 more times to get off the screen the MS shows me before I can get to my desktop. I think it's called the Lock screen. But it's always some picture with a message up top that says "Like what you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get my lap top to sleep overnight