Windows 10: How do I permanently remove One Drive?

Discus and support How do I permanently remove One Drive? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since the latest upgrade to Win10..called the Creators something or other, every time I turn on the PC, I get a pop up asking me to sign in to a thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by therealsimpsons, Jun 1, 2017.

1. How do I permanently remove One Drive?

Since the latest upgrade to Win10..called the Creators something or other, every time I turn on the PC, I get a pop up asking me to sign in to a thing called 'One Drive'. Not interested in the Cloud..no matter who owns it or if it's free or if they pay me to use it. Not interested. I changed settings to not automatically start when I boot up, but I still get the pop up thingy.

How do I get rid of it? Permanently. And if you know how to delete Cortana, I'd appreciate that information, too.

TIA *Smile

:)

therealsimpsons, Jun 1, 2017

2. How do I PERMANENTLY remove the awful realtek audio from Win 10?

It reinstalls. When I plug in a plug & play headset with microphone, it does not work, without Realtek being disabled.

ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that disables or uninstalls Realtek, makes the headset work fine, except for completely removing it, from my computer.

Thank you

ScottMcCarty1, Jun 1, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I PERMANENTLY remove the awful realtek audio from Win 10?

You may think it's awful, but I enjoy it. To uninstall software in Windows 10:

Settings > Apps > Apps and features > right-click on the icon for the Realtek software > Uninstall

BulldogXX, Jun 1, 2017
  4. How do I permanently remove One Drive?

AFAIK, OneDrive cannot be removed since OneDrive is built in to Windows 10, so it can't be uninstalled.
    Mentioning removed makes me think you’d like to uninstall it.

Turn off or uninstall OneDrive
    Turn off or uninstall OneDrive - Office Support
    However, this article is confusing because it starts with instruction to
    Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10
    But further down in the Hide OneDrive in Windows 10 section, it states
    OneDrive is built in to Windows 10, so it can't be uninstalled
    That’s confusing to me but you can check it out.

What I typically do for those who don't want OneDrive, I disable it in Startup.
    Then I unhide the data Libraries per
    How to stop Windows 10 from saving files to OneDrive | PCWorld
    and have the data saved in there.

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 1, 2017
  5. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Jun 1, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    OneDrive is actually quite useful if you want to share information between PCs and you can post links to large files (e.g. photos/videos) to your friends & family which are too large to send by email. I don't save any sensitive data on OneDrive

Steve C, Jun 2, 2017
  7. Thanks for the help and suggestions! I don't see that sucker any more! *Party

therealsimpsons, Jun 2, 2017
  8. How do I permanently remove One Drive?

Thank you for letting us know.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I permanently remove One Drive?

1. How do I permanently remove One Drive? - Similar Threads - permanently remove Drive

2. How do I remove One-drive from Windows 11 permanently and restore my files to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove One-drive from Windows 11 permanently and restore my files to laptop: In 2018 I purchased Office 2016 as a standalone product where there were to be no updates on my Excel or Word. I was happy with this because I actually hate change and didn't want the aggravation. In June I had an update and suddenly my apps were different. I couldn't open...
  3. How do I remove One-drive from Windows 11 permanently and restore my files to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove One-drive from Windows 11 permanently and restore my files to laptop: In 2018 I purchased Office 2016 as a standalone product where there were to be no updates on my Excel or Word. I was happy with this because I actually hate change and didn't want the aggravation. In June I had an update and suddenly my apps were different. I couldn't open...
  4. How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive: I am looking to remove synced folders from one drive. I don't understand why there isn't just an 'unsync' option where the folder and all content inside of it is removed locally. This is a very frustrating aspect of One Drive. What I am looking to do:I sync folders with other...
  5. How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive: I am looking to remove synced folders from one drive. I don't understand why there isn't just an 'unsync' option where the folder and all content inside of it is removed locally. This is a very frustrating aspect of One Drive. What I am looking to do:I sync folders with other...
  6. How do I remove Synced Folders from One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I remove one drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove one drive?: I have legit just re-imaged my system, meaning wiped the hard drive, used installation media to reinstall windows etc etc when I was etting it up i explicitly asked windows when i got the opportunity through one of the many prompts that comes up through the installation...
  8. How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?: I assigned a permanent drive letter K: to a USB drive that I use for backups (the drive letter is hard-coded in the backup script). I bought a new larger-capacity USB drive to replace it. So I need to un-assign K: to the old drive and re-assign to the new drive. I want to be...
  9. How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I remove a permanently-assigned drive letter?: I assigned a permanent drive letter K: to a USB drive that I use for backups (the drive letter is hard-coded in the backup script). I bought a new larger-capacity USB drive to replace it. So I need to un-assign K: to the old drive and re-assign to the new drive. I want to be...
  10. how do i remove one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i remove one drive: Hi there. im looking for some help .i had one drive installed (i will never again in my life ever use!!!) it uploaded all of my files to the cloud to which i did not like . so i deiceded to delete this on doing so it left the one drive folder on my computer . now this really...