Windows 10: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

Discus and support How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 9, 2015.

1. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity?

I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep. I don't think it has crashed.

Do I need to disable hibernation? If so, how do I turn it off permanently?

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

How do I prevent laptop from going into Hibernate or Sleep mode when I close laptop lid.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft help article and refer to the topic “Set up what’s on your screen” check if it helps.

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors#1TC=t1

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Oct 9, 2015
  3. jadrouny Win User
    How do I prevent laptop from going into Hibernate or Sleep mode when I close laptop lid.

Running Windows 10 and using an HP Spectre 360 laptop. I am hooked up to a universal docking station and have a second monitored operating via HDMI. My question is how to I keep the laptop from going into Hibernate or Sleep mode when I am using the second
    monitor as the primary (and disabled the laptop display) when I closed the lid on the laptop?

jadrouny, Oct 9, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

Question, do you ever want to use sleep ? Check your Power Options in control panel for settings to this with sleep for PC and monitor ?

Disable Hibernation

Right-Click Start Menu ->Click the Admin Command Prompt -> Type powercfg -h off -> Hit ENTER

To enable type: powercfg -h on

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Yes, I use sleep. But, I don't use Hibernation. Thanks for the information!

Jesse Williams, Oct 9, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Your welcome, shutting off hibernation save disk space you will notice an increase.

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
Thema:

How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

1. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep? - Similar Threads - prevent computer going

2. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?: Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop....
  3. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?: Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop....
  4. How to prevent audio devices from blocking computer going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent audio devices from blocking computer going to sleep?: As per image below and question above : There's no option for me to toggle whether this device can prevent my PC from going to sleep. I also don't understand why "HD Audio" is in use even though NOTHING is playing in the background. How can I resolve this? Lastly, what is a...
  5. Preventing a computer from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing a computer from going to sleep: With everyone working remotely, I worked hard to make sure that our computers at the office never went to sleep. There used to be separate sections on the Power and Sleep settings allowing you to tell the computer to never go to sleep. Well an update must have gone out and...
  6. Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent the hdmi from going to sleep: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0686no I have two monitors connected. Another DVI port and another HDMI port.I want the DVI port to go to sleep and the HDMI port to stay active when the monitor is in sleep mode.I listen to music and watch movies through the HDMI port and...
  7. How do I get rid of a [PROCESS] waketimer preventing my PC from going to sleep?

How do I get rid of a [PROCESS] waketimer preventing my PC from going to sleep?: My PC will not sleep, and an inquiry using POWERCFG results in the following: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.450] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /waketimers Timer set by [PROCESS]...
  8. Deep Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Deep Sleep: Computer: HP 1040 G3 OS: Windows 10 2004 I noticed in my BIOS settings, under Power Management, I have the option for "Deep Sleep" ticked by default. What exactly is "Deep Sleep?" Thanks! 161626
  9. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...
  10. How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent going to sleep with certain program active?: Hello -- I am new to this forum, but I would like to ask for help. I have been with you all since Seven Forums. I am using a program that is no longer being further developed or supported by the developer. It is called PS3 Media Server and is basically the best program...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable deep sleep on computer

2. what is the computer deep sleep?

3. going to deep sleep computer