Windows 10: How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links?

Discus and support How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows/Files Explorer the Quick Access menu, which I have set to open when WE is started, is placing links to folders automatically that I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryevick, Aug 14, 2016.

1. ryevick Win User

How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links?

In Windows/Files Explorer the Quick Access menu, which I have set to open when WE is started, is placing links to folders automatically that I have recently been accessed. I don't want it to do this. I want it organized just like you don't have a link to every website you go to listed in your favorites bar in your browser. How do I stop it from doing this?

:)

ryevick, Aug 14, 2016

2. Quick Access items in Windows 10 File Explorer

How do I PERMANENTLY stop Windows File Explorer adding to the Quick Access library(?) ?

Ian Mosley, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Quick access

I have just discovered that every folder I open pins itself to Quick Access. Because I was transferring iTunes files the other day, there are now hundreds of folders pinned to Quick Access. How do I get rid of them in bulk? I know how to do it one by
    one but that is going to take me days. There doesn't seem to be a way to scroll down while highlighting the lot. More to the point, how do I tell Quick Access to stop automatically pinning every folder I open?

LydiaBezeruk, Aug 14, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

The following tutorial will show you how to remove recently used files and frequently used folders in Quick Access:

Quick access - Add or Remove Recent files in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

This is what it will then look like.

How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links? [​IMG]

The next tutorial will also show you how to remove the Quick Access entry all together if you wanted to, but I find just doing the above is sufficient, as I don't really notice it being there anymore without entries in it:

Quick access in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

ARC1020, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

1. How Do I Stop Quick Access From Automatically Adding Links? - Similar Threads - Stop Quick Access

2. How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?: There is no goddamned "view ribbon". So please don't tell me to go there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-folders-from-automatically-adding-into/7738f993-2e8c-46a3-a9a0-bbb6dcfaee47
  3. How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please?: There is no goddamned "view ribbon". So please don't tell me to go there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-folders-from-automatically-adding-into/7738f993-2e8c-46a3-a9a0-bbb6dcfaee47
  4. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  5. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

Folders are automatically added to the quick access: How to stop folders from automatically adding into Quick access please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-are-automatically-added-to-the-quick/18e5462b-3533-413e-a68c-cfaf54d8c085
  6. Folders are automatically added to the quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Quick Access Disappeared Links

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Disappeared Links: File Explorer Quick Access is missing all of the links I added to it, leaving only the default "desktop" "downloads" documents" and “pictures". I’ve been on hold with MS tech support for two and a half hours. Should I just give up and rebuild it? I’d also been having issues...
  8. How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?: Hi! I use Google Drive File Stream to access my Google Drive content locally. GDFS mounts a cloud drive, assigning it a letter (G: in my case). If you open that, you find a single entry "My Drive". As such, I have a Quick access shortcut to this "My Drive folder". GDFS...
  9. Quick Access links change

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access links change: I liked the Windows 7 "Links" section of the file browser. If you can tell me how to mimic the Links behavior, stop reading and provide that and that would be WONDERFUL -- Much thanks in advance. Otherwise... I am testing multiple versions of a piece of software. The...
  10. How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop a program from adding a Quick access shortcut?: Hi! I use Google Drive File Stream to access my Google Drive content locally. GDFS mounts a cloud drive, assigning it a letter (G: in my case). If you open that, you find a single entry "My Drive". As such, I have a Quick access shortcut to this "My Drive folder". GDFS...