Windows 10: How do you turn off live tiles?

Discus and support How do you turn off live tiles? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something? 3744 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

How do you turn off live tiles?

guess the tile says it all, I can not see how you turn on/off live tiles, am I missing something?

:)

Trust_No1, Jan 25, 2015
  2. ahamlin1 Win User

How do you turn off Image Store

It was a bit brute force but I solved my problem. I went into the registry and deleted my IMEI from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nokia\MPlatform and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nokia\NNPCS

ahamlin1, Jan 25, 2015
  3. ahamlin1 Win User
    How do you turn off Image Store

Phone: N97 Firmware V12.2.024

PC: Vista x64 service pack 1

USB Cable

Nokia PC Suite 7.1.30.9

Nokia Image Store 1.0

ahamlin1, Jan 25, 2015
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

No your not missing anything. I too want to turn them off. . .just can't figure out the how. . .*Huh

5. davehc Win User
    Dumb question, perhaps. Which live tiles are your referring to?

davehc, Jan 25, 2015
  6. This was mentioned in another Thread, as you can see the option to hide or enable a live tile has been removed from the right-click menu. I had to manually edit my location of the weather tile with paint in Win 10.

How do you turn off live tiles? [​IMG]

Win 8.1

Win 10 TP

IownAmoneyPit, Jan 25, 2015
  7. davehc Win User
    Still not sure I am on the same subject.?? I opened mine and, as usual, directed it to the town where I live. Looks fine. I can turn the tile off, and, visually, it returns to the blank default. I then need to open it for it to find its way again.

If I want to lose the tiles altogether, I just "Unpin from Start"

davehc, Jan 25, 2015
  8. How do you turn off live tiles?

davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

9. AddRAM Win User
    Oh ya, that`s the way to go, Thank You Brink *Smile

I wonder if Greg saw that ?

AddRAM, Jan 25, 2015
  10. davehc Win User
    if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html Not me. I have done nothing too it.? fwiw. I cannot resize it. I'll have a look at the link and see how it compares to what I have.

P.S. Later. Nope. Done none of those things. This was a clean install, by the way??

davehc, Jan 25, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html Not me. I have done nothing too it.? fwiw. I cannot resize it. I'll have a look at the link and see how it compares to what I have.

P.S. Later. Nope. Done none of those things. This was a clean install, by the way?? Hello Dave,

Do you see this below when trying to resize the Start menu? You'll have to be using the older resizable Start menu to be able to instead of the newer expandable Start menu.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 25, 2015
  12. davehc if I interpret your screenshot correctly you are using the old resizable start menu with this new build and that is why you are still able to turn a live tile on or off, If one is using the new Start Menu native to 9926 build then the option to turn live tiles on or off is no longer available.

P.S. Later. Nope. Done none of those things. This was a clean install, by the way?? My reply was based on your screenshot of your Start Menu in post #5 which looks different than mine (Note the difference between the edges & expandable button in the top RH corner), As to why they are different is a mystery.

A partial snip from your Start Menu in post #5

My Start Menu

13. How do you turn off live tiles?

Try resizing to the smallest size. If that works then see how big you can make them before the live info shows up again. In 8.1 if I set The Weather Network App to small it doesn't show anything other than the icon.

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2015
  14. AddRAM Win User
    You can re size them, but can you stack them under each other to make the start menu even slimmer ?

I can`t, it`s still 4 wide, but I`m glad you can re size them.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do you turn off live tiles? - Similar Threads - turn off live

2. How do you turn off account password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do you turn off account password?: How do you turn off account password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-turn-off-account-password/c5c5833b-df6f-481e-b750-da53ceb95181
  3. How do you turn off account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn off account password?: How do you turn off account password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-turn-off-account-password/c5c5833b-df6f-481e-b750-da53ceb95181
  4. How do you turn off application notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you turn off application notifications?: I'm trying to get Bitdefender to leave me the hell alone, it's constantly telling me "bitdefender blocked a threat" and I want it to stop (no cause for concern by the way, it's just a website's popups causing this) I went to settings>system>notifications & actions> then...
  5. how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop?: how do i turn off background tile grid on desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-background-tile-grid-on-desktop/b52c369d-1f07-4fba-99bd-d4da79db9e94
  6. How do you restart the live tile for the photos file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you restart the live tile for the photos file?: How do you restart the live tile for the photos file? My live tile won't work anymore. I remember seeing a fix in here for that a few years ago....
  7. live tiles do not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    live tiles do not work: None of the tiles (Weather,News,Money, etc,) show real data. Just thr tile icon. 44199
  8. Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10 A tile is a modern apps representation on the Start screen in Windows 10, and can be either static or live. Windows 10 includes a new...
  9. How do I turn off extended tiles?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I turn off extended tiles?: How do I turn off extended tiles in Windows Explorer. One of my computers has tiles as the view option when you right click in "devices and drives". the other computer has extended tiles as the option not tiles. I'm not sure how this happened. How do I return to the default...
  10. How do you create a live Tile

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you create a live Tile: Is it possible to create a live tile and if so how do you do it. It would be very useful to me for going to various Forums for which I contribute. 18506

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 turn off live tiles

2. how can i turn off all live tiles