Windows 10: How to change admin account to child account

Discus and support How to change admin account to child account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the Windows update/free Upgrade. How can I change my childs admin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by creativex, Nov 8, 2015.

1. creativex Win User

How to change admin account to child account

Hi

I recently upgraded a HP computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro using the
    Windows update/free Upgrade.

How can I change my childs admin account to a child account? The account
    is registered With a Microsoft account and i have added my Microsoft account
    as a second admin on the computer.

Thanks

:)

creativex, Nov 8, 2015
  2. Ian Sal Win User

How to change from child account to adult account

For more information on how to set up My Family, go
    here

Let us know if you have more inquiries.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Nov 8, 2015
  3. How to change from child account to adult account

My mom has no interest in internet or all those stuff, as popular with people in this part of the world, and she has no outlook account, but my was senior brother has an account. In this case, how else would I do?

UduakobongMalachyTitus, Nov 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello creativex, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you meant for how to convert your added account to be a "standard user" account instead of an "administrator" type account, then the tutorial below can help show you how to.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 8, 2015
  5. huangys Win User
    Hello, Brink, You may misunderstand the question*Tongue

The question is how to convert an existing administrator type account to a child account in Windows 10.

The problem is that there are only 2 choices, which are " Administrator" and "Standard User" in the account type change window.

huangys, Dec 16, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, your referring to a making the account a family member that can be either an adult or child. It doesn't matter if the account is an administrator or standard user.

If this administrator account is a Microsoft account, then you could use OPTION ONE in the tutorial below to add it as a child to your Microsoft Family.

Family Settings - Manage for Child in Windows 10

Hope this better helps. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change admin account to child account - Similar Threads - change admin account

2. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  3. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  4. How to change birthdate on "child" account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change birthdate on "child" account: How can we change the birthdate on a "child" account?My child has no option to change their birthdate which was entered incorrectly should be 7/29/2002. And there are no options available for me to manage her account or any of my kids in Family Safety....
  5. How to change birthdate on "child" account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change birthdate on "child" account: How can we change the birthdate on a "child" account?My child has no option to change their birthdate which was entered incorrectly should be 7/29/2002. And there are no options available for me to manage her account or any of my kids in Family Safety....
  6. How to change birthdate on "child" account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to change account admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change account admin: How do I change the admin of my account? It was never verified because, as I have discovered, my email address was incorrectly entered when it was set up. I have my address set up now as a family member but cannot delete the incorrect address. Help?!? in simplest steps...
  8. Change account to child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account to child: When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag. I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the “parent.” I tried to add another adult to my “family” on microsoft to monitor/ set screen time for him, but it didnt work...
  9. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  10. Existing child account - how to make a new Admin account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Existing child account - how to make a new Admin account: Hi. I'm getting a bit confused about how to set up child's laptop with me as an Administrator. I've read a few internet articles but they all seem to start by assuming that you have set up the computer in your own name first and are then adding a child. I put the child's name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change admin to child

2. how to set admin account to child