Windows 10: How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10

Discus and support How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My child logged into Paint 3D on my wife's computer and changed herself to administrator of my wife's computer. She showed me what she did and it was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by trimaniac, Oct 2, 2018.

1. trimaniac Win User

How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10

My child logged into Paint 3D on my wife's computer and changed herself to administrator of my wife's computer. She showed me what she did and it was as simple as logging on to Paint 3D with her account and for some reason, that changed my wife's email address on her account to that of my child's. Thus, every hour, I was finding myself having to give my wife more time on her computer...something we only restricted to our children's computers.

I clicked on settings and went to my wife's account (who is the only person on this computer) and now it says her name as administrator but has my child's email as the account email which enacts that child's Microsoft restrictions.

1. How could this happen?

2. How can I change this back?

:)

trimaniac, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Oct 2, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. How to change back an administrator account on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change administrator account

2. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  3. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.: I switched my account in windows 10 to owner. Unfortunately it revoked my admin rights. Since my admin rights are revoked I can't use the same program to change it back. Unfortunately I can't use the hidden admin hive activation option because I can't access the hive option...
  4. Changed Account to Owner and can't change it back to Administrator on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  6. How to change administrator without the administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change administrator without the administrator account: Hi!I have some difficulties at work. Normally, or like on the other computers my IT-coworker is the administrator, but not on the one I have. The administrator on this program doesn't work here anymore, and she is deleted from the firm. We've tried to contact support at the...
  7. Windows 10 how to change back to administrator?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 how to change back to administrator?: Hi,so I changed my only administrator account into device owner and now I can't do anything to change it back. When I try to change back to administrator it's asking me for administrator password which I nerver set. Even the cmd prompt in safe mode asking me for administrator...
  8. changing account type back to administrator group

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing account type back to administrator group: Hi everyone, I accidentally changed the only active admin account type of my Win 10 to users group. As I didn't backed up the bitlocker key I'm in a bad trouble. i can't even reset my windows because of this. and due to same problem i can't activate the built in administrator...
  9. How to change Administrator Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change Administrator Account: Greetings! A former boyfriend made himself administrator on my laptop. We been separated almost 3years and I want to remove him as administrator. The problem is my laptop is not allowing me too. He has a folder on the laptop I cannot access and cannot trash. It's annoying....
  10. change administrator account on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    change administrator account on windows 10?: how to change administrator account on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator-account-on-windows-10/b871a9c2-f5b1-459e-a596-afbd08994bfe