Windows 10: how to change microsoft account on laptop

Discus and support how to change microsoft account on laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; please how can l change my microsft account to a new one on windows 10 laptop without reseting the computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RUMBIDZAIe, Apr 21, 2020.

1. how to change microsoft account on laptop

please how can l change my microsft account to a new one on windows 10 laptop without reseting the computer

:)

RUMBIDZAIe, Apr 21, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

how to change microsoft account on laptop

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

how to change microsoft account on laptop

1. how to change microsoft account on laptop - Similar Threads - change microsoft account

2. How to change account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change account to Microsoft account?: So recently got my laptop repaired and it had to be reset. The guy who repaired it set up a fake account in order to see if it works. All my backed up files are on that account... How do I get my microsoft account on my laptop with all my files? Setting up a local account...
  3. Microsoft Account Password not changing on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Password not changing on laptop: Hi all, I have been trying to get into my Lenovo Windows Laptop for a few days now. I usually just use a 4 digit security pin to login however a few days ago it wanted me to use the longer password for some reason. I can log in to my microsoft account through my phone...
  4. How to change pin for microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change pin for microsoft account: we got new laptop. we loaded Microsoft office. verification pin been used too many times and we never created one and we don't have and cant reset and so we cant download apps from Microsoft....
  5. How can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I change the Microsoft account on my laptop?: Hello, My laptop has the Microsoft account of someone who set up this laptop years ago. Now I added my own Microsoft account, but I can't make it leading. In Microsoft store I have to sign in with the account of the other person, which of course I can't. How can I change...
  6. How to change the Microsoft account (?)

How to change the Microsoft account (?): How is it you're supposed to change the Microsoft account associated with the Administrator account itself? For some reason my account on the desktop has associated itself with an email I didn't tell it to, but has done so anyway. I read online I have to switch it to a local...
  7. how to change the name of a Microsoft account

how to change the name of a Microsoft account: how to change the name of a Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-a-microsoft-account/829f73d5-b7a8-4fea-be12-36b45befaaa7
  8. How to change Microsoft account username?

How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...
  9. How to change microsoft accounts on a device.

How to change microsoft accounts on a device.: I installed windows defender on my wifes computer. I used my email address on the install and now it shows my name on her log in screen. Is there a way that I can change it ?...
  10. Microsoft Account how to change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account how to change: I have a number of machines and chose to use a different MSA for each. I now see the error of my ways but how do I change them to all be the same MSA? 84674