Windows 10: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

Discus and support How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

How to: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

Microsoft has also introduced a new Microsoft Edge logo that is designed to capture the waves of innovation that they plan to bring to you.

Currently, the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge web browser is only available to download and install as a Microsoft Edge Insider. General availability to the public is expected to be on January 15, 2020 in more than 90 languages.

The new Microsoft Edge will be supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

See also:
    You can change the theme in Microsoft Edge to a light mode or dark mode for all profiles.

This Microsoft Edge theme does not get applied to the pages of websites, but you can separately enable or disable dark mode for all websites.

This tutorial will show you how to change the theme in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge to a light mode or dark mode.

Here's How:

1 Open Microsoft Edge.

2 Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+F) 3 dots menu icon, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode [​IMG]

3 Click/tap on Appearance in the left pane, and select Light, Dark, or System default (default - Windows 10) in the Theme drop menu for what you want. (see screenshots below)

If you do not see a left pane, then widen the horizontal borders of the Microsoft Edge window until you do.

4 You can now close the Settings tab in Microsoft Edge if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Change Microsoft Edge Theme Through Powershell?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To change the theme for Microsoft EDGE, you can try the following steps:

1. Open EDGE and click on ellipsis icon “…”(three dots on the Top right corner)
    2. Select the option settings from the drop down.
    3. On the section ‘Choose a theme’, select an option from Light/Dark.
    4. The changes will be made on the Toolbars and menus.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Edge Theme - Change in Windows 10

Really good, added to the list.

5. Yaqub K Win User
    how do i change the color of the font in windows 10 edge?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

In Windows 10, you cannot change the colour of the Font.

If you are referring to the theme on Microsoft Edge and if it is showing a dark, you can change it to light. Follow the steps to change the theme:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More actions > Settings
    • Click on Choose a theme and change it to light.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Inverted coloring

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode - Similar Threads - Change Microsoft Edge

2. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  3. changing from dark mode to light

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  4. changing from dark mode to light

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  5. Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?: [ATTACH] Ok so I just don't like Windows10's dark theme because it's just too black and I think it looks bad and I def think Microsoft could improve it. Is there a way to change the very black background to something like Discord's defualt dark grayish bakground? Thanks....
  6. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  7. Exclude certain websites from Edge Chromium dark mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exclude certain websites from Edge Chromium dark mode?: Title. Some websites don't work too well with Chromium's built in dark mode, and would like to disable specific websites from being affected. Any way to do this? (Don't want an extra extension dark mode since that just uses extra memory). Thanks submitted by...
  8. How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Dark Mode theme on new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has relaunched its Microsoft Edge browser powered by the Chromium engine. It launched as a public preview – but the final build will be available soon. One of the most loved and latest features added to the new Edge [...] This post How to enable...
  9. Enable or Disable Dark Mode for Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Dark Mode for Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: Enable or Disable Dark Mode for Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode for All Websites in Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to...
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...