Windows 10: How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?

Discus and support How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So, after some update the preview behavior changed, now it looks like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/7oshi, Feb 20, 2020.

1. /u/7oshi Win User

How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?

/u/7oshi, Feb 20, 2020

2. Taskbar application preview

AS I PREDICTED there was a setting in (REGEDIT) that changed the apearance of the thumbnail preview when it went above the max of (1) so I removed the setting and now its finally showing it how I want to.

like this:
    How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application? 8660b7f38993457db214c4bd9f9856e1.png

Screenshot - 8660b7f38993457db214c4bd9f9856e1 - Gyazo

If you're curious how I did it I followed these steps and modified the last one to fix my personal problem:

Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10

#FutureMicrosoftEmployee

Dick van Delft, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 20, 2020
  4. How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?

How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application?

1. How to change the type of preview in the taskbar of several windows of one application? - Similar Threads - change type preview

2. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  3. Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Applications Icon on the Taskbar: I'm trying to change an applications icon. I've tried changing the icon for the shortcut, but when the application loads, it's using the old icon. How do I get Windows to show the new icon on the Taskbar?...
  4. How to CHANGE application in default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to CHANGE application in default apps by file type: Hi, I wish to change "jpg" files type to open in Photoshop Elements 2020 Editor but Windows no longer offer the choice to navigate to my PC "PhotoshopElementEditor.exe" file. How can I change this? Thanks,...
  5. application name on taskbar will change

application name on taskbar will change: I launch an application you can see the name on the taskbar is correct. [ATTACH] But when I pin it to taskbar, the name is changed. [ATTACH] I wonder where taskbar get the application name string? I am not sure if it is a problem of windows or the application....
  6. One application opens multiple file types. How can I change the icons for each of these types?

One application opens multiple file types. How can I change the icons for each of these types?: I use a program called Wavelab that opens and uses 4 different file types: WAV, MP3, AIF and MON. How can I change the icons for each of these file types without affecting all of the file types that are associated with Wavelab? I tried using FileTypesMan and...
  7. One font is invisible to several applications

One font is invisible to several applications: I installed a Truetype font in Windows 10 and subsequently rebooted (this font). The font is visible in font settings, and I can use it in WPS Office. However it is not accessible in either Affinity Photo or Inkscape. How can I make the font visible to all my applications?...
  8. Change Icon By File Type (not by Application)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Icon By File Type (not by Application): This is the scenario. I have a music collection that I want all my music files to be played in the same player. I want to be able to look at a file and tell if it is an MP3 or a WAV or a MP4 or an OGG by looking at the ICON (Yes I know I can enable windows to show...
  9. Change taskbar preview size?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change taskbar preview size?: I'm currently on version 1703, is it possible to change those little thumbnails for each opened program? 86466
  10. Change or modify applications in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Change or modify applications in taskbar: There is a possibility to change or modify the applications installed, like in windows 7 [img] Where is the folder in user, where the link are stored ? Thank 12151