Windows 10: How to change the user account to the administrator account?

Discus and support How to change the user account to the administrator account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LaurenMartinez1, Mar 29, 2019.

1. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible?

:)

LaurenMartinez1, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Rose Ter Win User

How to change the user account to the administrator account?

Changing Administrator in User Account

Hi Bryan,

In order for us to assist you on how to delete your Administrator Account from your computer. Kindly follow these steps:

• Go to Start.
    • Look for Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Then look for Manage another user's account.
    • Select your old account and then delete it.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

How to change the user account to the administrator account?

1. How to change the user account to the administrator account? - Similar Threads - change user account

2. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  3. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  4. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  5. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  6. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  7. How to merge a User account with the administrator account.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to merge a User account with the administrator account.: I am a complete fool at this stuff which has perplexed me for years. I am also neurologically disabled with DCD/dyspraxia - and dyslexia which contributes to difficulties staying focused and following sequences. I shall try to explain my difficulty. I want to use the show...
  8. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  9. How to change Administrator Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change Administrator Account: Greetings! A former boyfriend made himself administrator on my laptop. We been separated almost 3years and I want to remove him as administrator. The problem is my laptop is not allowing me too. He has a folder on the laptop I cannot access and cannot trash. It's annoying....
  10. User Account / Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...