Windows 10: How to change the Windows Administrator from an account that is blocked

Discus and support How to change the Windows Administrator from an account that is blocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I received a text from MS saying that someone else may be using my Outlook account. That account is currently blocked and I'm unable to recover it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BasilDoerhoefer, May 17, 2019.

1. How to change the Windows Administrator from an account that is blocked

I received a text from MS saying that someone else may be using my Outlook account. That account is currently blocked and I'm unable to recover it because I have not used it since activating Windows on a new PC years ago, so I'm unable to provide enough information for MS's automated recovery process. I setup a new Outlook account yesterday and added it to Windows in the "Accounts used by other apps" section in Settings/Accounts.

How can I regain administrator access to my PC? When I try to change it from the blocked account to the new account, it asks me to log on the blocked account, which I'm unable to do because it's blocked.

Some instructions I've read instruct you to add a family member and give that person admin access, but I'm unable to do that without logging on to the blocked account.

Thank you.

:)

BasilDoerhoefer, May 17, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Arul_D Win User
    How do you change a user account to an administrator account in Windows 10?

Hi Fiona,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to go to control panel and check your user account status. Right click on the start button and select control panel in the menu. In the control panel, click on the 'view by' option in the top right and select 'large icons'. Now, click
    on 'User accounts' and check if your account is listed as Administrator. If it is not displayed as Admin account, click on the option 'Change user account type' and select 'Administrator' and apply changes. Try these steps and let us know the results. If you
    have already tried, please let us know what all troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so that we can provided you suggestion accordingly.

Arul_D, May 17, 2019
  4. How to change the Windows Administrator from an account that is blocked

How to change the administrator to a standard account.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try these steps after enabling the Built-in Administrator Account.

Step 1: Enable Built-in Administrator Account.

a) Press Windows and x
    key together on your desktop screen.

b) Click on Command Prompt (admin).

c) Type: net user administrator /active: yes

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

After enabling Built-in admin, please try with the steps below:

Step 2: Try to change the account type of other accounts from Built-in Administrator Account.

I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Can I make changes to someone else's user account?” in the following article.

User accounts: FAQ

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 17, 2019
Thema:

How to change the Windows Administrator from an account that is blocked

1. How to change the Windows Administrator from an account that is blocked - Similar Threads - change Administrator account

2. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  3. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.: Hi,So I had given my pc for some repairs and the data had to be wiped off. So when I got my pc back there was a administrator account named 'Asus' as the main account for my pc. So how can I change the type and the name.Thank you...
  4. How to change the account type from administrator and change the name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  6. How to change from standard account to an administrator account

How to change from standard account to an administrator account: Hi, I accidentally changed my one and only admin account on windows 8.1 to a regular account guest. Now, I can't make any changes to user accounts, only admin account users can do that. How do I fix this?...
  7. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  8. how to change from administrator account to standard account

how to change from administrator account to standard account: I would like to change from an administrator account to a standard account. Is there a way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-from-administrator-account-to/429d068f-5f2e-484e-a2f1-c37592200845
  9. how to change from administrator account to standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to change Administrator Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change Administrator Account: Greetings! A former boyfriend made himself administrator on my laptop. We been separated almost 3years and I want to remove him as administrator. The problem is my laptop is not allowing me too. He has a folder on the laptop I cannot access and cannot trash. It's annoying....