Windows 10: How to create a backup account of my account

Discus and support How to create a backup account of my account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I create a back up account that would have the same rights as the admin account that I use (in case there is something wrong with my account and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kev914, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Kev914 Win User

How to create a backup account of my account

How do I create a back up account that would have the same rights as the admin account that I use (in case there is something wrong with my account and I have to replace it?)

Can it have the same login and same Microsoft account?

I did create a family adult account but I'm not sure if that would be the same thing or not. Also, I used my secondary email for this account, but I believe that Microsoft uses that email for backup to my primary email for the Microsoft account, so I'm not sure if that's an issue or not.

Thanks.

:)

Kev914, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to create a backup account of my account :(

Zakin, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

How to create a backup account of my account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

1. How to create a backup account of my account - Similar Threads - create backup account

2. Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account: Somebody, unknown who, has created a windows/Microsoft account using my email account.Without disclosing the full account, let me just say that my account was created with a . before the @gmail.com, while the Microsoft account is created without that same full stop before the...
  3. Adding my Microsoft account as a backup login profile after creating local admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding my Microsoft account as a backup login profile after creating local admin account: Please be kind, as I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. LOL I've read that it's ideal to have a Microsoft account login set up to access my laptop, plus a local admin account for backup purposes in case the main Microsoft account becomes corrupted. I've done that on...
  4. Creating my child an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating my child an account: Ive been trying to create an email for my child. It tells me that a parent needs to log in to do so. So when i try to log in it tells me an adult needs to log in? I AM AN ADULT? Its frustrating ive tried so many times and ive checked my date of birth is correct. Moved...
  5. how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a standard account to administrative account ??: Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system...
  6. Creating account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creating account: I already have an account, but I'm trying to set up a computer for a family member. So it is a new computer and a new account. The second screen in says "enter your country/region and "birthdate." But I can't seem to select the birthdate. Today's date is in the box. When...
  7. creating account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    creating account: When I want to create a Microsoft account i get the message "You can't sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email, such as Gmail or Yahoo!, or get a new Outlook email." I am using Windows 10 Pro. I originally had Windows 10 Home. Why do I...
  8. Creating an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creating an account: I want to add a new E Mail account for an online business. How do I do that? The business isn't created yet, I first need an E Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-an-account/6c4ab82c-8ef6-4ca3-add6-6ca2e30905a7"
  9. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  10. how to create a windowslive account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to create a windowslive account: how can I create a {windowslive} account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-windowslive-account/14a8a90e-7736-4ee4-aa37-3605c06e906e"