Windows 10: How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10

Discus and support How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello. Ever since a recent update when setting up new computers, we are unable to create a local account. The only option we have is to sign in with a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ThanksEricStaal, Jul 16, 2019.

1. How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10

Hello. Ever since a recent update when setting up new computers, we are unable to create a local account. The only option we have is to sign in with a microsoft account which our customers are not very happy about.

Is there a way around this?

:)

ThanksEricStaal, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10 [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10

Mindweaver, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10

1. How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10 - Similar Threads - create local account

2. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  3. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  4. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  5. Login using Azure AD account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login using Azure AD account instead of local account: Hi!I am trying to find the recommended way to go from using a local account to a Azure AD account for log-in on Windows 10. I have a computer with a local admin account. I used this to create a work account. It seems to go well and I can find the computer listed in Azure AD...
  6. How to create Local Administrator Account on Windows 10 using CMD

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local Administrator Account on Windows 10 using CMD: [ATTACH]Generally, to create a new local administrator account for Windows 10, you must first sign […] This article How to create Local Administrator Account on Windows 10 using CMD first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Can't sign in with Microsoft Account instead of Local Account: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. When trying to "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" of a Local Account, I get this error: Oops, something went wrong Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again. I did get an error code on the first few dozens...
  8. use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?: i rememebr it was a requirement to sign into my new pc with a microsoft account, so i made one, but i dont find a use for it and i saw one of my friends use a local account. i want to log out of my microsoft account on my pc and delete the account, i dont use any microsoft...
  9. How to create Local User Account using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local User Account using PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to open Windows Settings panel and you want to create a new user account on your Windows 10 computer, then this article will help you. You can create a Local User Account using PowerShell. There are [...] This post How to create Local User...
  10. use local account instead

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    use local account instead: I recently signed in to my microsoft accunt on my notebook, and now I'm forced to login using my microsoft account which i don't want to. So I tried to changing settings in user accounts to permit me login with my local account instead, but whenever i get to the ''current...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in with a local account instead

2. sign in with local account instead missing

3. use a different news app in win 10 instead of microsoft news