Windows 10: How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more.

Discus and support How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a school email to which I do not attend any longer. The account does not exist, so I cannot log into it to manage it. I cannot figure out how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MrTinkerTrain, Mar 18, 2020.

1. How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more.

I had a school email to which I do not attend any longer. The account does not exist, so I cannot log into it to manage it. I cannot figure out how to remove this email address from Windows 10.

There is an "ADD" button but no "REMOVE" button.

:)

MrTinkerTrain, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more. :(

Zakin, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Brink Win User

How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more.

Brink, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more.

1. How to delete a Microsoft email account from Windows 10 that does not exist any more. - Similar Threads - delete Microsoft email

2. Email Account Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Account Does Not Exist: I have a valid and working email account using my company domain. It is linked and working for 365 Business Premium. Note: I recently closed a 365 Family subscription that used the same email account. I can't think of what else to try to be able to sign into Windows or Edge...
  3. Email Account Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Account Does Not Exist: I have a valid and working email account using my company domain. It is linked and working for 365 Business Premium. Note: I recently closed a 365 Family subscription that used the same email account. I can't think of what else to try to be able to sign into Windows or Edge...
  4. Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?: Recently I decided to redownload minecraft through the minecraft launcher. Account logs in as normal. The problem I am facing is that when I try to log into my minecraft account on the website, according to their database my account was never migrated despite me migrating my...
  5. Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?

Minecraft Account Apparently Not Existing Any More?: Recently I decided to redownload minecraft through the minecraft launcher. Account logs in as normal. The problem I am facing is that when I try to log into my minecraft account on the website, according to their database my account was never migrated despite me migrating my...
  6. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  7. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...: I have had a Microsoft account problem notification that has persisted for years and I’ve managed to ignore it for the most part.Here's a rundown of my confusion:Clicking on the problem notification when it either pops up or in the notification center in the bottom right of...
  8. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

9. Microsoft account does not exist error - but it does exist...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete a work email account from Windows 10 if the actual account doesn't exist anymore?: So the main issue is that this email the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account does not actually exist anymore. It was a work email for a contract job, and it was deleted when the contract ended, so it is impossible to log in it. Naturally, I cannot recover the...