Windows 10: How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup?

Discus and support How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I boot the computer, I am immediately taken to my desktop without needing to my account. When waking from sleep, however, I've had multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Julford, Nov 18, 2019.

1. How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup?

When I boot the computer, I am immediately taken to my desktop without needing to my account. When waking from sleep, however, I've had multiple screens slowing down the process of accessing my computer. I managed to disable the lock screen myself, but I'm having difficulty finding a method to disable the sign in screen (Specifically this screen here: https://imgur.com/a/UT1JHhW - forgive the picture quality, my print screen command isn't working on that screen).

Most resources I can find say to just go to Settings > Account > Sign-in Options and change the setting "Require sign-in" to never, but my sign-in options page does not display that option and instead just lists various options I could enable instead, (see here https://imgur.com/a/dbD35B3 ). Any advice?

submitted by /u/Julford
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Julford, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10  

Ok @mystiron. I have added OPTION FIVE to help. Using step 4 should disable require password on wakeup for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...html#option5s4

Brink, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup?

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10  

Hello Dusty, and welcome to Ten Forums. How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup? :)

If you used Option 4 or 5, that would explain the "some settings are managed..." message. Those options are for setting this by group policy.

You should be able to still use step 4 in Option 5 to disable require sign-in on wakeup.

Brink, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup?

1. How to entirely disable sign in screen on wakeup? - Similar Threads - entirely disable sign

2. Disable Windows Hello Prompt entirely on logon screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows Hello Prompt entirely on logon screen: Hey,So I disabled Window Hello Pin and so on under the Sign-In settings.Yet for whatever reason I can't seem to make it disappear from the logon screen.In the Screenshot if I select the right option and put in my password it signs in and works as expected.If the Left option...
  3. How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Require Sign in on Wakeup in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to enable or disable Require sign in on Wakeup setting in Windows 11 or Windows 10 then you can do it with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. By default, Windows 11/10 doesn’t require you to log in or enter your password...
  4. How to disable sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable sign in: Hi reddit, So I was wondering weather its possible to disable sign in. So when, on the lock screen, I press space bar or whatever, theres a button that says sign in and upon pressing it it just signs me on something like that (NOT REMOVING THE LOCK SCREEN ENTIRLY). Its...
  5. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?: I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10. The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it shows my calendar on that screen. When I clear it the tablet goes right into Windows without any annoying, unnecessary logins....
  6. Disabling sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling sign in screen: I cannot disable the sign in screen anymore after the latest update. What is this nonsense? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-sign-in-screen/1933db15-5e3f-48a5-84ce-fd723fbdcd49
  7. how do i disable SIGN IN screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i disable SIGN IN screen?: This is NOT the reboot login screen this screen shows up when my PC is idle for a period of time i do NOT have to enter a PIN or PW ... just click 'sign in' however, it is disabling my mouse and it blocks my Synergy software which allows me to use one mouse/...
  8. disable the sign in screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable the sign in screen: So far I can only find the wrong answer to this question. Disable the screen, not the ability to type a password or the need to type a password to log onto windows. How can I remove the screen that says, "sign in"? All the answers so far assume the this question is about...
  9. Disable Wake screen & Sign In

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Wake screen & Sign In: Hello, Win10homex64 Haven't had any success in disabling the ad screen and sign-in after wake. Tried TenForums tools, tried disable password on wake, tried chaning a few more things, tried Googling, tried reg scripts, got locked out of apps. Reimaged drive, when through this...
  10. Black screen after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after wakeup: When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the screen turns on for an instant and then it goes black again. I have to do this four times before the screen stays on. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable require signin on wake registry