Windows 10: How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

Discus and support How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craige, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due to any reason, I can manually install the token and validate my copy of windows.

Please inform how can I find key/tokens and take backup of the same.

:)

Craige, Aug 6, 2015

2. Information Required on CD Key in new laptop

Basically, I purchased an original Windows 7 back in 2013 with a CD key in the box. Then I have updated it to Windows 10. I thought what to do if I want to make a full installation like a fresh copy of Windows 10 installation.
    On that time, I communicated to Microsoft and one customer care person called me and gave me a new CD key for Windows 10.

Windows 10 CD Key: <removed the product key>

After several months I came to know that it is not a CD key, it is a token number for W10.

Finally, I have purchased a new laptop. I have deactivated windows 10 license/Token from my old one. I tried to activate Windows 10 in my new laptop with the above token number but it was not working. Could you please tell
    me why? Or can you provide me another new token number?

MhabuburRahman, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Transfer to another system

Thanks for the reply!

I tried the download link for the showkeys, but it won't load. Anyway, I did find my Win7 Professional key. Luckily, I found the screenshot of the key when I downloaded it from Dreamspark.

So, in the event that I'm able to sell my old hardware, I have to reset/reformat my old system first before I surrender the mobo+proc+ram to the buyer so that my Win10/Win7 activation will be detached/removed from the hardware to be sold? Regardless if the
    buyer clean installs Win10 on it before I do on my new system, his Win10 won't activate, while I can activate mine using my
    transfer rights to my (technically) retail copy, correct?

Also, I won't have to install Win7 first with the Win7 key I have then download Win10 via Windows Update, instead, I can directly clean install Win10 on the new system by using the default Win10 Pro ISO and product key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, and
    then activate it using my Win7 key from the Settings\Activation page after installing Win10, correct? Hmm, would the latter still work even if I do this after July 29? I have been on Win10 since around Sept/Oct2015.

svrndmngjr, Aug 6, 2015
  4. tony910 Win User

tony910, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Craige Win User
    Craige, Aug 6, 2015
  6. If it does show a key it will only be a generic one, of no use at all.

Once again, this should be a "sticky" *Smile No keys are involved

"The basic process is that when you perform an upgrade to Windows 10 (over a genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 system), an anonymous and unique hardware hash is generated that is based on your systems hardware configuration. Since it is anonymous, you do not have to use a Microsoft Account. This hardware hash is generated even if you choose to install Windows 10 with a Local Account.
    That same hardware hash is sent to Microsoft servers and a corresponding certificate is created to validate your systems activation status. From this point forward any future installs, including one where you delete all partitions and install Windows 10 from scratch, will be activated because of that unique hardware hash and the corresponding certificate. Since it is all stored on Microsoft’s servers there is no reason for us to keep a backup either."
    http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...s-10-activated

Torquemada, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

Torquemada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ? - Similar Threads - find Hardware installation

2. How to find a printer in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to find a printer in Win10?: Hi How do I find and add a printer in Win10. I know it sounds pretty straight forward, but we have over 1000 printers on the network, so clicking "Add Printer" returns a fairly long list. It would be nice if I could search by location or just by name to find what I'm...
  3. Installed Win10 Installation Media. How to find existing data?

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win10 Installation Media. How to find existing data?: Hi I installed "Win10 Installation Media" on a flash drive (to help rescue data on another laptop) but didn't realise I had important files already on the drive. The "Win10 Installation Media" install created a new drive on the flash drive and I can't see my old data. I'm...
  4. Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 to Win10 on new hardware and a lost Win10 key: Hey folks. Sorry if this has been answered before but I've been scrounging around online on and off for the last week and not found the answer to my specific question so here goes: I have a retail license for Windows 7 Home Premium which was installed on a old PC where I...
  5. Where to find Win10 product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where to find Win10 product key?: Because my comp dont want to boot, I need to find a product key. I have access to CMD and Regedit only. Both common solutions from the web didn t help. Any ideas? Besr regards....
  6. how to find my product key after hardware installed

how to find my product key after hardware installed: I have installed now hardware and now my windows are missing. The retailer temporary installed windows 10PRO and now I want to activate my original windows 10 but cannot find my product key anyware...
  7. can't find troubleshooting->hardware and devices in win10 may2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't find troubleshooting->hardware and devices in win10 may2019: Hello! I have a problem with app FIFA 18 from EA Sports. Guys from tech said me to use troubleshooting->hardware and devices. But I dont have that category(...
  8. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades: I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses. I have one PC that failed to acquire its License last year when I updated its hardware. I just ignored the messages since I only used it occasionally. Now I have replaced the...
  9. Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Find Activation Key After Hardware Upgrades: I build my own PCs and I have 4 Windows 10 licenses from upgrading 4 purchased Windows 8.1 licenses. I have one PC that failed to acquire its License last year when I updated its hardware. I just ignored the messages since I only used it occasionally. Now I have replaced the...
  10. How To find Installed Window Activation Key

How To find Installed Window Activation Key: I bought a new laptop in which I get window 10 Pre-install but I didn't get any Window CD or Any Acess Key with my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-installed-window-activation-key/222f3b34-4e6e-4cc4-b8f4-dbb8c55f3932"