Windows 10: How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

Discus and support How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craige, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due to any reason, I can manually install the token and validate my copy of windows.

Please inform how can I find key/tokens and take backup of the same.

:)

Craige, Aug 6, 2015
  2. MhabuburRahman Win User

Information Required on CD Key in new laptop

Basically, I purchased an original Windows 7 back in 2013 with a CD key in the box. Then I have updated it to Windows 10. I thought what to do if I want to make a full installation like a fresh copy of Windows 10 installation.
    On that time, I communicated to Microsoft and one customer care person called me and gave me a new CD key for Windows 10.

Windows 10 CD Key: <removed the product key>

After several months I came to know that it is not a CD key, it is a token number for W10.

Finally, I have purchased a new laptop. I have deactivated windows 10 license/Token from my old one. I tried to activate Windows 10 in my new laptop with the above token number but it was not working. Could you please tell
    me why? Or can you provide me another new token number?

MhabuburRahman, Aug 6, 2015
  3. svrndmngjr Win User
    Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Transfer to another system

Thanks for the reply!

I tried the download link for the showkeys, but it won't load. Anyway, I did find my Win7 Professional key. Luckily, I found the screenshot of the key when I downloaded it from Dreamspark.

So, in the event that I'm able to sell my old hardware, I have to reset/reformat my old system first before I surrender the mobo+proc+ram to the buyer so that my Win10/Win7 activation will be detached/removed from the hardware to be sold? Regardless if the
    buyer clean installs Win10 on it before I do on my new system, his Win10 won't activate, while I can activate mine using my
    transfer rights to my (technically) retail copy, correct?

Also, I won't have to install Win7 first with the Win7 key I have then download Win10 via Windows Update, instead, I can directly clean install Win10 on the new system by using the default Win10 Pro ISO and product key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, and
    then activate it using my Win7 key from the Settings\Activation page after installing Win10, correct? Hmm, would the latter still work even if I do this after July 29? I have been on Win10 since around Sept/Oct2015.

svrndmngjr, Aug 6, 2015
  4. tony910 Win User

tony910, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Craige Win User
    Craige, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Torquemada Win User
    If it does show a key it will only be a generic one, of no use at all.

Once again, this should be a "sticky" *Smile No keys are involved

"The basic process is that when you perform an upgrade to Windows 10 (over a genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 system), an anonymous and unique hardware hash is generated that is based on your systems hardware configuration. Since it is anonymous, you do not have to use a Microsoft Account. This hardware hash is generated even if you choose to install Windows 10 with a Local Account.
    That same hardware hash is sent to Microsoft servers and a corresponding certificate is created to validate your systems activation status. From this point forward any future installs, including one where you delete all partitions and install Windows 10 from scratch, will be activated because of that unique hardware hash and the corresponding certificate. Since it is all stored on Microsoft’s servers there is no reason for us to keep a backup either."
    http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...s-10-activated

Torquemada, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. Torquemada Win User

Torquemada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ? - Similar Threads - find Hardware installation

2. find the product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    find the product key: I did reset my laptop and then reinstall windows 10 with a CD and now it's need the product key. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-the-product-key/41d5fcd7-e5a8-408b-8f38-9e0c49dd93e2"
  3. Finding Product key

Finding Product key: How can i find my windows product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-product-key/8bc5f5cf-9a5f-48c4-9665-28fcb9b985ff"
  4. Can't find hardware accelerator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find hardware accelerator: Product: HP Pavilion Notebook N5Y58UA#ABL Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) Need to turn on hardware accelerator for programming purposes. Need to run some simulators. Tried looking under display - advanced options but can't find it. [ATTACH]...
  5. Bluetooth Not Finding Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Not Finding Hardware: Bluetooth doesn't give me the option to activate it. The blue tooth also is constantly disappearing and making the disconnect sound every like 3 seconds. I've already made sure that its not being turned off because of the power. It would appear that the blue tooth...
  6. how to find your Windows 10 Key

how to find your Windows 10 Key: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/produc...oduct-keys.htm Anyone know a software like the ones mentioned in this article to find my windows 10 key? I would like to reinstall it on another computer. Thank you! 23220
  7. How to find which product key has been used for my installed Windows?

How to find which product key has been used for my installed Windows?: Windows 10 x64 As I have multiple retail license keys, I am unsure which one is in use right now. There are 3rd party key finders that may show the key in use, but I prefer to obtain the key using Windows own tools, if possible. For instance using a CMD. (Am uncertain...
  8. How to upgrade hardware on a digital-entitlement installation

How to upgrade hardware on a digital-entitlement installation: I rebuild my computer every few years, like I'm sure most people do. In Win7, I could move to new hardware with certain restrictions of course. Then I read this: "If you have a retail license, you can transfer your Windows 10 license to a new PC without issue. You can not...
  9. How could I find the hardware this porpoted driver is for?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How could I find the hardware this porpoted driver is for?: [img] While I am on the computer, I heard an alert sound to inform some driver download is available for a hardware of my computer. I do not want Broadcom Cooperation Driver update for Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USN, as I during clean install of my OS had this got...
  10. How to find the key after the upgrade for a clean installation later?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to find the key after the upgrade for a clean installation later?: Microsoft said a clean install of Windows 10 can happen. How do you find the key? Do you have to use a key finder after the upgrade or will Microsoft make it easily available? 9415