How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ?

Discus and support How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craige, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Craige Win User

I know windows 10 has hardware based tokens, but I would like to copy this token and keep it sumwhere safe so tht in future if it cannot activate due to any reason, I can manually install the token and validate my copy of windows.

Please inform how can I find key/tokens and take backup of the same.

:)

Craige, Aug 6, 2015
  2. MhabuburRahman Win User

Information Required on CD Key in new laptop

Basically, I purchased an original Windows 7 back in 2013 with a CD key in the box. Then I have updated it to Windows 10. I thought what to do if I want to make a full installation like a fresh copy of Windows 10 installation.
    On that time, I communicated to Microsoft and one customer care person called me and gave me a new CD key for Windows 10.

Windows 10 CD Key: <removed the product key>

After several months I came to know that it is not a CD key, it is a token number for W10.

Finally, I have purchased a new laptop. I have deactivated windows 10 license/Token from my old one. I tried to activate Windows 10 in my new laptop with the above token number but it was not working. Could you please tell
    me why? Or can you provide me another new token number?

MhabuburRahman, Aug 6, 2015
  3. svrndmngjr Win User
    Windows 10 Digital Entitlement Transfer to another system

Thanks for the reply!

I tried the download link for the showkeys, but it won't load. Anyway, I did find my Win7 Professional key. Luckily, I found the screenshot of the key when I downloaded it from Dreamspark.

So, in the event that I'm able to sell my old hardware, I have to reset/reformat my old system first before I surrender the mobo+proc+ram to the buyer so that my Win10/Win7 activation will be detached/removed from the hardware to be sold? Regardless if the
    buyer clean installs Win10 on it before I do on my new system, his Win10 won't activate, while I can activate mine using my
    transfer rights to my (technically) retail copy, correct?

Also, I won't have to install Win7 first with the Win7 key I have then download Win10 via Windows Update, instead, I can directly clean install Win10 on the new system by using the default Win10 Pro ISO and product key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, and
    then activate it using my Win7 key from the Settings\Activation page after installing Win10, correct? Hmm, would the latter still work even if I do this after July 29? I have been on Win10 since around Sept/Oct2015.

svrndmngjr, Aug 6, 2015
  4. tony910 Win User

tony910, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Craige Win User
    Craige, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Torquemada Win User
    If it does show a key it will only be a generic one, of no use at all.

Once again, this should be a "sticky" *Smile No keys are involved

"The basic process is that when you perform an upgrade to Windows 10 (over a genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 system), an anonymous and unique hardware hash is generated that is based on your systems hardware configuration. Since it is anonymous, you do not have to use a Microsoft Account. This hardware hash is generated even if you choose to install Windows 10 with a Local Account.
    That same hardware hash is sent to Microsoft servers and a corresponding certificate is created to validate your systems activation status. From this point forward any future installs, including one where you delete all partitions and install Windows 10 from scratch, will be activated because of that unique hardware hash and the corresponding certificate. Since it is all stored on Microsoft’s servers there is no reason for us to keep a backup either."
    http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/h...s-10-activated

Torquemada, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
  8. Torquemada Win User

Torquemada, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to find Hardware installation - Win10 Key/Token ? - Similar Threads - find Hardware installation

1. Windows search won't find certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search won't find certain files: I'm having a strange issue with Windows search. I have a folder with dozens of articles saved in PDF format. If I open the folder and use the search bar to find a particular file by name it shows zero results. If I navigate to the immediate outer folder in which the article...
  2. How to: Find the installation date of an operating system

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Find the installation date of an operating system: Sometimes I would need to find the date when the operating system was installed. Thou it’s difficult to have everything in shape with your inventory, if you have missed this part when an Operating System was installed, here’s a PowerShell solution to that. Open PowerShell as...
  3. How to find your WI-FI password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to find your WI-FI password in Windows 10: Imagine this scenario: For some time now, you’ve been using your wireless connection at home on your Windows 10 PC and lately, you’ve acquired a new tablet or a smartphone and need to connect it to your Wireless network. The only thing that’s standing in your way is the WIFI...
  4. Where to find those sections

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to find those sections: Hi, Could someone please point me where to find those sections or it hasn't been added yet.
  5. Where can I find the specific driver I want to restore internet speed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where can I find the specific driver I want to restore internet speed?: We have 2 laptops with the same specifications as shown in my profile (Dell Inspiron). We recently had an issue with very slow internet, and having had the problem before I was able to fix it on one laptop by changing a setting on the Dell Wireless network adapter...
  6. How could I find the hardware this porpoted driver is for?

How could I find the hardware this porpoted driver is for?: [img] While I am on the computer, I heard an alert sound to inform some driver download is available for a hardware of my computer. I do not want Broadcom Cooperation Driver update for Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USN, as I during clean install of my OS had this got...
  7. Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x

Epson GT-15000 drops, usb new hardware scan finds DIRECT-ZxM283x: Since my last Windows 10 (unwanted, unprompted for) system update, I lose connection to my Epson GT-15000 scanner. I get it back by uninstalling & reinstalling the software: NOT a satisfactory solution! The device manager shows 3 USB Root Hubs, all with event "Device...