Windows 10: How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off

Discus and support How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, This must be a regedit bug because I used a PC Optimizer to fix my Pc and it has 'fixed' some registry errors. After that, my jumplist when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkGordon94, Apr 5, 2020.

1. How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off

Hello,

This must be a regedit bug because I used a PC Optimizer to fix my Pc and it has 'fixed' some registry errors.

After that, my jumplist when I right-click on a pinned icon on the taskbar of start menu, I see that has disappeared. Then I opened some documents, e.g. words, videos, and it stayed there. But when I restart or turn off and then on my PC the whole jump list gets emptied.

I do not know how to fix that. I would be grateful if you can help me. So I want the jumplist to permanently stay there.

I own Windows 10

:)

MarkGordon94, Apr 5, 2020
  2. rfhar Win User

Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off

Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

The same jumplist shows wherever you right-click on Excel (or any other app that has a jumplist) be that on a tile in Start, pinned to the taskbar or in Start's 'all apps' list.

Right-click on any file name in the jumplist (like your ABC.xls) and you should see options to 'Pin to this list' and 'Remove from this list'. If the file is pinned to the list, you have to unpin it first before you can remove it from the list.

How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off [​IMG]

How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off [​IMG]

*Arrow Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

If that isn't working for you, then it sounds like you'll need to reset the recent items that jumplists show. This will reset ALL jumplists, not just the Excel one, so only reset it if nothing else works.

*Arrow Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off

1. How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off - Similar Threads - fix Jumplist gets

2. How to fix my pc is resetting and accidentally turn off and i on not booting now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my pc is resetting and accidentally turn off and i on not booting now: I reset my pc and i accidentally turn off and i on again its t booting now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-pc-is-resetting-and-accidentally/7d378220-aef7-479d-ad65-0157602daeb8
  3. How to fix my pc is resetting and accidentally turn off and i on not booting now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my pc is resetting and accidentally turn off and i on not booting now: I reset my pc and i accidentally turn off and i on again its t booting now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-my-pc-is-resetting-and-accidentally/7d378220-aef7-479d-ad65-0157602daeb8
  4. How to fix my pc is resetting and accidentally turn off and i on not booting now

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Hello keep resetting after clean install and clearing TPM, how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello keep resetting after clean install and clearing TPM, how to fix this?: I have been plagued with a issue on my laptop Lenovo L14.I have re-installed the OS multiple times due to multiple issues i have had with the OS itself, but those were not relevant to this issue. One day, Windows Hello just suddenly got removed from my account completely...
  6. Windows Hello keep resetting after clean install and clearing TPM, how to fix this?

Windows Hello keep resetting after clean install and clearing TPM, how to fix this?: I have been plagued with a issue on my laptop Lenovo L14.I have re-installed the OS multiple times due to multiple issues i have had with the OS itself, but those were not relevant to this issue. One day, Windows Hello just suddenly got removed from my account completely...
  7. NumLock/Caps etc. keep getting reset to off state after restart/turn off. How can i fix this ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NumLock/Caps etc. keep getting reset to off state after restart/turn off. How can i fix this ?: Also to mention I don't want to set the option so its always on in the Registry or always off. I want my PC to remember the state of the lock keys. So lets say if i have it on and restart i want it to stay on. If i have it off it should be off on the next restart. Thank you...
  8. How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix: Jumplist gets cleared after reset or turn off: Hello, This must be a regedit bug because I used a PC Optimizer to fix my Pc and it has 'fixed' some registry errors. After that, my jumplist when I right-click on a pinned icon on the taskbar of start menu, I see that has disappeared. Then I opened some documents, e.g....
  9. How to Turn On/Off and Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn On/Off and Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard feature lets you have a list of multiple copied text in place so you can reuse it. That said, we know for a fact all Clipboard Data is cleared every time the computer restarts, but [...] This post How to Turn On/Off and Clear...
  10. People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency

People App - How to turn off history or clear + history inconsistency: I would like to be able to either turn off and / or clear the history pane that appears on the right side of each contact in the People App. I've searched and searched and cannot find any way to accomplish this. I must be missing something simple? Surely there are times when...