Windows 10: How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update

Discus and support How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Microsoft explains why the update might not be available Windows 10 Threshold 2 is now available for download, but the update isn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 12, 2015.

1. How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update

How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/how-t...ampaign=buffer

Cluster Head, Nov 12, 2015
  2. zooburner Win User

The install failed twice on mine, it just kept rolling me back, and now no longer listed in updates.

This will be interesting it will mean that windows as a service will be meaningless if we are all on different builds.

:)

zooburner, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Activation

You do not have the most recent update to Windows 10 (Threshold 2).

Following the instructions here:
    Threshold 2 Update - Still waiting for the update, how to get it installed now

Also read this Wiki before you start the update to Threshold 2:
    How to get the Windows 10 Free upgrade has been made even easier

Once you have upgraded to Threshold 2 (build 10585 Windows Version 1511) all you need to do is enter your Windows 7 product key to activate Windows 10.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 12, 2015
  4. How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update

How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Nov 12, 2015
  5. I gave up waiting for WU, and used the MCT last night. It updated me directly to build 10586.3, and everything works fine.

BrownianMotion, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Did you use the Upgrade This PC option or download the files to create an ISO?

paulsalter, Nov 12, 2015
  7. I selected the Upgrade option.

BrownianMotion, Nov 12, 2015
  8. How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update

Thanks, that what I am doing now, everything crossed it works *Smile

paulsalter, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Fast Ram Win User
    What and where is MCT.

Thanks for your assistance.

Fast Ram, Nov 12, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 10

Towards the bottom: Download Tool Now. Easiest option if you don't want to make an installation USB or DVD is just to pick "Upgrade this PC now" option.

NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2015
  11. JohnC Win User
    JohnC, Nov 12, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    I used the ISO and did an in-place upgrade.
    After install, winver shows I have 10586.3

How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 12, 2015
  13. How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update

No reason to continue to wait on WU when the .iso files were available. Upgraded without issue and no compelling reason presently to do a clean install.

cyberrufus, Nov 12, 2015
  14. Craig Win User
    If i download the iso using the media creation tool, would i be getting the updated iso that lets one put in their windows 7 or 8 product keys to do a clean install and no longer asks for the key if you had originally done an upgrade and your hardware is now registered on the MS servers?

Also, if i use it in the future to make a clean install, will it bring in whatever the latest updated version of windows 10 is? (or would it need to update to it) thanks!

I am asking these questions because i was thinking about using it to do force the upgrade to th2 but i also wanted to have an iso back up on hand for any possible future use (such as doing a clean install if needed)...

Craig, Nov 12, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
    The last in-place upgrade install I did was on October 26, 2015 - have to do one approximately a few days less than 30 days due to the Start Menu not working after a reboot. So I guess I'm looking at another 13 days or so and should Start Menu fail again, I'll just use the techbench ISO that I downloaded yesterday and before then, watch the forums for all the problems people have with the new update.

Almighty1, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update

1. How to Force Windows 10 Threshold 2 to Show Up in Windows Update - Similar Threads - Force Threshold Show

2. Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there no way 2 force W10 22H2 update offer 2 show up in WU?: TY 4 reading & hopefully answering soon. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-no-way-2-force-w10-22h2-update-offer-2/d47e4413-ee12-49dc-8222-39bcc4a40cdb
  3. Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 enterprise Threshold 2: When are we enterprise users going to receive the update? Thanks. 29728
  4. Windows 10 Threshold 2

Windows 10 Threshold 2: Should I update first to build 10240 or wait till November? Also, will the Media Creation Tool update itself directly to the new build? Insiders, what is new in this update apart from UI changes? 27347
  5. Threshold 2 question

Threshold 2 question: I have Windows 10 professional. Unfortunately all this fast/slow ring , insider stuff is a tad confusing. On my machine I ticked defer updates as I don't want to be a beta tester/Guinea pig for any old release that comes down the pipe. But obviously I wonder about threshold 2...
  6. Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 rumored to launch in November: For those who don’t know, Microsoft is currently working on it’s first non-patch update for Windows 10, currently codenamed Threshold 2 and was originally supposed to launch sometime in October. But as of recently, it appears that release window may have slipped ever so...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 1151/10586/threshold 2: Hi everybody , so I got this upgrade via windows update but it's taking too long , it's stuck at 33 percent , so my question is can I download it using Windows media creation tool & do a clean install through usb? I read that Microsoft pulled out it's new update via media...
  8. Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Threshold 2 (November Update) Installation Problems: [img] Users report installation freezes for the new update Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Threshold 2 earlier today and users are already experiencing the first problems when trying to install it. According to posts on Microsoft's Community forums, installation...
  9. Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 10586 Launches as Threshold 2: RTM users are expected to receive it next week Microsoft has remained completely tight-lipped on Windows 10 Threshold 2, but according to people close to the matter, this eagerly anticipated update is due next week for RTM users. The latest preview build that...
  10. Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Issues in Windows 10 Threshold 2: [img] Google’s browser experiencing problems in TH2 Windows 10 Threshold 2 build 10586 is now available for both fast and slow ring users, but despite the fact that it’s supposed to be the version that all users will get sometime very soon, it turns out that a...