Windows 10: How to group tiles

Discus and support How to group tiles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can move items from the Start list to produce tiles and I can enter names in the name bars but I am finding it impossible to group tiles. One of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Agrippa, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Agrippa Win User

How to group tiles

I can move items from the Start list to produce tiles and I can enter names in the name bars but I am finding it impossible to group tiles. One of the tutorials seems to suggest that all you need to do is move one tile on top of another to group them, but all that happens for me is that I end up with one tile chasing a second tile around the screen! So, what exactly am I doing wrong?

:)

Agrippa, Feb 13, 2017

2. Custom tile image/size/groupings

The Calendar, Picture, and "now", use 2 tiles spaces.. how can we change the size so it's only 1 tile?

How can we change the icon used on the tiles .. I love the live tiles, but some of the other apps/tiles just sit there.. ??

Groupings : Can we create a grouping tile that can hold multiple apps of my choosing ?????

RyanRussell, Feb 13, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    How to create a Start Screen Group Tile

Hold the tap on the tile you want to move, move it over the group and hold it there.

To remove a tile, expand the group, hold the tile you want to move out and move it out of the group.

Create a group by moving a tile over another tile.

Remove a group, expand the group and move all tiles out of the group

You can resize the group and resize the tiles in the group

garym123, Feb 13, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

How to group tiles

Tiles below that name bar is actually a group. If you click on name bar, you can drag it to different location (all tiles at once). True tiles grouping is coming with next update (Insider preview at the moment).

AndreTen, Feb 13, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 13, 2017
  6. Agrippa Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I think I've sussed it out now. What I needed to do was to drag items from the Start list into the group.

Agrippa, Feb 14, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Please let us know if you need more help with it. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to group tiles

1. How to group tiles - Similar Threads - group tiles

2. Why does "pin to start" create a new group for the tile!? But sometimes not... I NEVER want...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does "pin to start" create a new group for the tile!? But sometimes not... I NEVER want...: I can' find any logic behind its workings... There's plenty of room in the first and only group I ever want to use. Just put it there! — I tried moving all my tiles into this newly created group, which works for a while, but then breaks for no apparent reason that I can...
  3. Why does "pin to start" create a new group for the tile!? But sometimes not... I NEVER want...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does "pin to start" create a new group for the tile!? But sometimes not... I NEVER want...: I can' find any logic behind its workings... There's plenty of room in the first and only group I ever want to use. Just put it there! — I tried moving all my tiles into this newly created group, which works for a while, but then breaks for no apparent reason that I can...
  4. Why does "pin to start" create a new group for the tile!? But sometimes not... I NEVER want...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start, Tiles, Locked Group

Start, Tiles, Locked Group: Accidentally dragged a tile on top of another tile and released it. A locked group was created with the two tiles in it. How do I get them out of the group and back on the Start menu?...
  6. During install build a tile group

During install build a tile group: How do I write a batch file to build a tile group and put a sub and sub sub group( full of shortcuts)? 147142
  7. Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel

Windows 10 start menu tile group cannot arrange to top left of the start panel: I just bought a new laptop and start to set up my start menu tile group. But I removed the original tile group by accident. I try to create my own tile group but I cannot arrange it to the top of start menu. Is there anyway to fix this issue? [ATTACH] Thanks....
  8. Start Menu Tile Groups Shuffles after Unexpected Power Outage

Start Menu Tile Groups Shuffles after Unexpected Power Outage: I have bolded the main stuff. The rest is backstory So, I've recently noticed that my Uninterrupted Power Supply is malfunctioning lately, which was causing the PC to turn screen black and make GPU fan speed 100% and it used to just stay that way until I press the physical...
  9. How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to unpin a group of Tiles or Folders from Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Pinning several tiles in Windows 10 is super easy, and the same can be said for unpinning tiles one-by-one. However, what if you’re the type of person with several tiles that you would prefer to get rid of with just [...] This post How to unpin a group of...
  10. WINDOWS 10 Add new FILE GROUP NAME to START TILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 Add new FILE GROUP NAME to START TILES: In Windows 10 - Easy way to add another Group name to START TILES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-add-new-file-group-name-to-start-tiles/841104ae-8017-496a-ae84-9c781b6aba6c