How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?

Discus and support How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu? I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MNMary, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MNMary Win User

How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu?
    I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only one row of tiles and I would like to make the column narrower, but I haven't been able to. I made the double arrows show on the right side, and I click and hold the arrows to move it to the left, but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
    Mary

:)

MNMary, Aug 6, 2015
  2. jrclenathome Win User

How to add more tiles on Start menu in Windows 10?

How do I get more tiles? I have 4 columns of tiles now, is there a way to get more?

Thanks.

Original title: more tiles on start

jrclenathome, Aug 6, 2015
  3. SerhiyVP Win User
    How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

According to
    this article
    TileDataLayer was deprecated in CU

In Creators Update removing or copying TileDataLayer folder between accounts does not seem to work anymore.

SerhiyVP, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 6, 2015
  5. MNMary Win User
    I tried doing that as it shows in the link, and I can resize using the up and down arrows, but the arrow to the left doesn't move at all. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in my Windows 10 system?

MNMary, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mary, *Smile

Each group of apps on Start has 3 columns by default. I'm not aware of a way to change that yet though.

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  7. MNMary Win User
    If I'm understanding you correctly, the only way to narrow the tile column so that it doesn't take up so much space of the desktop would be to unpin all of the tiles?

MNMary, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  9. MNMary Win User
    I do want to keep some of the tiles. I hope that MS will make some tweaks to the system.
    Thanks for the advice.

MNMary, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It would be nice to have an option to change that.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? - Similar Threads - narrow tile column

1. Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.: Hi all, Just out of nowhere, a number of websites started displaying Helvetica Narrow font instead of Arial font. I think only Arial is affected, and I have seen others having the same issue and all they could do was to delete Helvetica Font... The actual font displayed...
  2. Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause

in Windows 10 Support
    Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause: I get a semi-random BSOD every now and again. Sometimes it happens once in a day, other times it goes several days without happening and i just want to narrow it down. 37727
  3. 1-3 BSODs per Day Relating to Kernal Driver - How to narrow my search?

in Windows 10 Support
    1-3 BSODs per Day Relating to Kernal Driver - How to narrow my search?: This is what I have done so far: Installed all latest Win 10 updates. Updated all the drivers as far as I can tell. What is the best (efficient) way to find out if everything is up to date? It took me ages to manually check them all. Ran memtest+ for 12 hours with no errors...
  4. Complete system locks and BSODs cannot narrow down 0x000000c4,3b,50

in Windows 10 Support
    Complete system locks and BSODs cannot narrow down 0x000000c4,3b,50: Here is my system: System Builder - Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition - PCPartPicker It is about a year old and worked fine until a few months ago. Since then, Ive tried so many different things to fix it to no avail that it's hard for me...
  5. Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font: After thelast update (2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 forx64-based Systems (KB4025342)) I had an Excel spread sheet that was no longerable to display properly. I was able to determine that the Ariel Narrow Fontthat was used was causing the problem. The...
  6. Narrow columns to less than 80 pixels in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrow columns to less than 80 pixels in File Explorer?: Hi Brink - since you know more about File Explorer that anyone (that I have come across anyway) - have you worked out yet how to manage column width. In the past (maybe XP) we could drag the columns to any width - but for the last n years we have been limited to 80 pixels....
  7. How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you narrow Win 10 search criteria: When you think you know part of a file name, how do you search only for files on "this PC" that have that word or words in the file name. I may be missing something but when I search, I get everything that has the search word anywhere in it and I am left with hundreds of...
How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? solved