Windows 10: How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?

Discus and support How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu? I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MNMary, Aug 5, 2015.

1. MNMary Win User

How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?

How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu?
    I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only one row of tiles and I would like to make the column narrower, but I haven't been able to. I made the double arrows show on the right side, and I click and hold the arrows to move it to the left, but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
    Mary

:)

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015

2. How to add more tiles on Start menu in Windows 10?

How do I get more tiles? I have 4 columns of tiles now, is there a way to get more?

Thanks.

Original title: more tiles on start

jrclenathome, Aug 5, 2015
  3. SerhiyVP Win User
    How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

According to
    this article
    TileDataLayer was deprecated in CU

In Creators Update removing or copying TileDataLayer folder between accounts does not seem to work anymore.

SerhiyVP, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 5, 2015
  5. MNMary Win User
    I tried doing that as it shows in the link, and I can resize using the up and down arrows, but the arrow to the left doesn't move at all. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in my Windows 10 system?

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mary, *Smile

Each group of apps on Start has 3 columns by default. I'm not aware of a way to change that yet though.

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  7. MNMary Win User
    If I'm understanding you correctly, the only way to narrow the tile column so that it doesn't take up so much space of the desktop would be to unpin all of the tiles?

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  9. MNMary Win User
    I do want to keep some of the tiles. I hope that MS will make some tweaks to the system.
    Thanks for the advice.

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It would be nice to have an option to change that.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? - Similar Threads - narrow tile column

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Adding columns in the start menu

Adding columns in the start menu: Hi! Im currently trying to increase the amount of columns displayed to 2. I have a tiny 7 inch screen with DPI set at 150% which makes the start menu only show one column. Do anyone know how to increase this to two? [img] 9011
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. How To Be Able To Place Start Menu Tiles Anywher On Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Be Able To Place Start Menu Tiles Anywher On Start Menu: I've expanded the size of the Start Menu so I can put a lot of Tiles there, but when I drag a Tile to a new location it sometimes bounces back to where it had been. Other times moving a Tile somewhere will cause another Tile so shift to somewhere else. How can I instruct the...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to narrow the start menu