How to narrow the tile column in the start menu?

Discus and support How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu? I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MNMary, Aug 5, 2015.

1. MNMary Win User

How do I narrow the tiles column in the start menu?
    I have unpinned many of the tiles on the start menu and moved others around so that I have only one row of tiles and I would like to make the column narrower, but I haven't been able to. I made the double arrows show on the right side, and I click and hold the arrows to move it to the left, but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the advice,
    Mary

:)

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  2. jrclenathome Win User

How to add more tiles on Start menu in Windows 10?

How do I get more tiles? I have 4 columns of tiles now, is there a way to get more?

Thanks.

Original title: more tiles on start

jrclenathome, Aug 5, 2015
  3. SerhiyVP Win User
    How to reset the tile layout in the start menu

According to
    this article
    TileDataLayer was deprecated in CU

In Creators Update removing or copying TileDataLayer folder between accounts does not seem to work anymore.

SerhiyVP, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 5, 2015
  5. MNMary Win User
    I tried doing that as it shows in the link, and I can resize using the up and down arrows, but the arrow to the left doesn't move at all. Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in my Windows 10 system?

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Mary, *Smile

Each group of apps on Start has 3 columns by default. I'm not aware of a way to change that yet though.

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  7. MNMary Win User
    If I'm understanding you correctly, the only way to narrow the tile column so that it doesn't take up so much space of the desktop would be to unpin all of the tiles?

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  9. MNMary Win User
    I do want to keep some of the tiles. I hope that MS will make some tweaks to the system.
    Thanks for the advice.

MNMary, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It would be nice to have an option to change that.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to narrow the tile column in the start menu? - Similar Threads - narrow tile column

2. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  3. How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my MS email account from a laptop I am returning ?: I am returning an Acer laptop which I replaced with a new laptop. Before returning the defective laptop, I want to delete my MS account, etc. I have deleted all files but it still shows my administrator name which is my MS email name and email. How do I remove it?...
  4. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  5. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...
  6. How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When a critical error is encountered by the Windows operating system, the system throws a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This Blue Screen of Death then throws in the error code on the bottom left region and then reboots the [...] This post How to disable Automatic...
  7. How do I change my network connection's name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change my network connection's name: How do I change the network connection name?/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-change-my-network-connections-name/1e219d11-3cd1-4a96-9ade-a4b306a3d743
  8. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  9. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help. Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system...
  10. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...