Windows 10: how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks

Discus and support how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello :-) I have this weird and annoying problem (pictures included) - https://www.facebook.com/avi.assayag1/media_set?set=a.1... Shutterfly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ambision, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ambision Win User

how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks

hello how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks :)

I have this weird and annoying problem (pictures included) -

https://www.facebook.com/avi.assayag1/media_set?set=a.1...
    Shutterfly

picture 3 - on my desktop, I can only peek my taskbar windows in an icon mode without any thumbnails on,

picture 1,2 - on my laptop, I see everything as normal with thumbnail peeks and everything.

my question: how can I get back my thumbnails???

I tried fiddling with registry keys, taskbar menus, what not without any luck. I'm soooo frustrated about this :-\

:)

ambision, Jan 24, 2016

2. disable the Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10

So the "enable peek" performance option invisual effects can't enable or disable the taskbar thumbnails? If not does that mean it is not possible even with regedit?

RST20886432, Jan 24, 2016
  3. drosene Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail live preview broken

The correct answer is to toggle the "Enable Peek" check box in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\Advanced System Settings\Performance Settings.

For some reason the full screen preview on hover over Taskbar thumbnails was corrupted by a recent windows Update.

drosene, Jan 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 26, 2016
  5. ambision Win User
    ambision, Jan 26, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great.. there's plenty in the Tutorial's section thanks to Brink. Please click the thumbs up if happy.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks - Similar Threads - enable taskbar thumbnail

2. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  3. Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Windows 11 Taskbar Peek / Thumbnail Preview. Changing Perfomence...: I cannot disable the Taskbar thumbnail previews in Windows 11. It's unclear whether this feature is a thumbnail preview or "peek" as provided for in the many, many, setting windows and it's help pages direct me to, none of which work. I am aware that the Group Policy Editor...
  4. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?: Neither of these settings disabled the Taskbar Thumbnails.Disable Taskbar Thumbnails via Group Policy Editor Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails using System Advanced settingsI have yet to edit to registry.Any other ideas?...
  5. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?

How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview ?: Neither of these settings disabled the Taskbar Thumbnails.Disable Taskbar Thumbnails via Group Policy Editor Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails using System Advanced settingsI have yet to edit to registry.Any other ideas?...
  6. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  7. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  8. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working: So basically my win 10 laptop have suddenly started not to show peek for tabs in the taskbar, I checked to see if the option was disabled but no peek was enabled. It's really annoying cause it only shows the name of the app open like when you hover oven an item in file...
  10. How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Taskbar Thumbnail Preview is one of the most useful and interesting features offered by Windows 10. This feature displays a tiny preview in the form of […] This article How to enable or disable Taskbar Thumbnail Preview in Windows 10 first appeared on...