Windows 10: How to reinstall Store.

Discus and support How to reinstall Store. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Powershell method won't work as you can read from post #83 and later in this thread:Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arc, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

How to reinstall Store.

Almighty1, Jan 10, 2016

2. In your reply to my post, you state that the PowerShell method won't work, yet, in your reply to demonguy (#27), which you posted just prior to my post, you tell him to use the link ("Store - Re-Register in Windows 10...) you include in your post, which IS a PowerShell method, albeit a PowerShell command that's entered via the command prompt. I've attempted this method, as well as every other method I have been able to come across, and nothing works...and, I do mean NOTHING. I have searched my hard drive, including within hidden folders, for the Microsoft Store (folders, as well as files), and none exists, other than the downloaded file containing the Store (which, obviously, has proven useless, considering the fact that the Store has not been returned to my computer). At this point, I feel as if I have no choice but to format the hard drive, and perform a clean install. As much as I hate doing this (for many, many reasons), at least there would be three "good points" for it being done (something others thinking about a clean install should consider):

1) If you have a computer that was originally running something other than Windows 10, as with any previous upgrade (ie. from any older Win OS, to a newer one), when you upgraded, there were files leftover from your previous OS, not to mention a lot of garbage left in the registry. In performing a clean install, your system is just that.....clean.

2) If your system (as is the case in almost all computers these days) came with a partitioned hard drive, which wastes storage space (especially once you've upgraded the OS, and those partitions contain data that no longer applies), performing a clean install is your chance...better yet, "opportunity"...to get rid of those space-wasting partitions, and utilize the entire hard drive's capacity as a single partition. The only realistic reason I can see for having a partitioned drive is if you're running a multi-boot system with more than one OS. Long gone are the days of partitioning your drive into multiple "drives", especially considering the cheap price of both traditional hard drives, as well as SSDs. Today, you can purchase a 1TB SSD for the same price you'd have paid for a traditional 60GB hard drive back in July 2000.

3) If your computer is still utilizing a traditional hard drive, this is also your opportunity to replace it with an SSD, which will speed up your system in many ways. Just using boot-up time as an example, my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch, with a 1TB Samsung EVO 850, boots up in less than 10 seconds (slowed from 6-7 seconds due to anti-virus software). If you're complaining about the cost, suck it up, and just go buy it...you WILL be happy you did (especially the gamers out there who can't afford a "boutique gaming laptop).

Now, time to prep for the clean install......................

Panther6834, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    I think you need to first learn how to read more carefully, post #27 is from @Kari. Look at posts #27 and #29 again. I wrote post #29, not #27. Kari and are not the same.

Almighty1, Jan 12, 2016
  4. How to reinstall Store.

i have failed in all the proposed tricks suggested above to enable store apps to open. should the problem rendered me for more a week now please I request a help urgently please

Yup!*Roflmao2

[/QUOTE]

0765049703, Feb 28, 2016
  5. neoaptt Win User
  6. i run these commands and get responses that say it's not even installed on my machine. Got any other ideas aside from reinstalling Windows with a repair install.

Thanks

sparker781, Apr 20, 2016
  7. Simo3120 Win User
    Then re-register the Store:
    Code: Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML[/quote] Close the PowerShell, the store should work now. If it will not start, give this command in Command Prompt (not PowerShell!):
    Code: start "" "ms-windows-store:"[/quote] Come back to tell if we need to try something else or if this worked.

Kari[/quote] Thanks for this steps. I completely uninstalled Windows store trough powershell and the first two commands did the trick. In the second command, I just have to change it to the one below as I can't find "C:\Windows\WinStore":

Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.25.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.XML'

Just a try but it worked.

Simo3120, Apr 24, 2016
  8. ExpertT Win User

How to reinstall Store.

Mine I shown but still none of the options shown work. *cry *Sad

ExpertT, Apr 27, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 27, 2016
  10. Babay Win User
    Symptoms.
    as described here: Store - Re-register in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    I've tried to run command
    Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"[/quote] from cmd with admin rights, but I've again got error with some package. ( MicrosoftOfficeHub)
    NOT a syntax error, but error with a package.

Possible reason: May be I didn't add my Microsoft Account (online login) to Windows Store. Or may be Windows lost credentials, or maybe I've changed password for my microsoft account, but, finally, Windows Store was unable to communicate with server. I guess Microsoft has changed formats and some xml manifests become incorrect. Or something like that. But finally some packages got corrupted and PackageManager couldn't read them and crashed every time you try to install, reinstall Windows Store or (I suppose) run Windows Store or other Store applications (I was unable to run Calculator)

Solution:
    1. you should definitely create restore point. http://windows.microsoft.com/ru-ru/w...-restore-point
    2. Run cmd.exe (console) as Administrator
    3. Run PowerShell. (you don't need to run it as Administrator 'couse you don't need to be admin to uninstall an app with PackageManager)
    4. run
    Code: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"[/quote] with admin console
    5. If you don't encounter any error GOTO 8
    6. If you encounter an error with some package, uninstall it: run in PowerShell:
    Code: Get-AppxPackage *PACKAGE_NAME_PART* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] I had problems with package MicrosoftOfficeHub, so I hat to run
    Code: Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] 7. GOTO 4. I had proplems with packages Microsoft.CommsPhone and MicrosoftSolitaireCollection and had to uninstall them as well.
    Code: Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.CommsPhone* | Remove-AppxPackage Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftSolitaireCollection* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] 8. Now you have working Windows Store. But if you stop here windows will DELETE windows store and it's manifests soon. You will be unable to reinstall Windows Store and you will have to revert to a restore point you've created at step 1.

9. Open Windows Store and try to install some app. (you can remove it later with PowerShell). Windows will ask you for your Microsoft Account. Provide it.

10. It's OK, windows will not delete you Windows Store, but those idiots are just swiched you to emain login. remember that strong password you've typed on step 8? You will have to type it next type you login. So, if you don't want to type that STORNG password each tyme you login, do step 11.

11. Goto Settings > Accounts > Your account and select "sign in with local account". now you will have to relogin.

usefull links:
    1. how to remove app with Power Shell and PackageManager
    http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-...einstall-them/
    2. how to reinstall uninstalled Windows Store (and any other uninstalled Windows Store app)
    http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-resto...th-powershell/

Babay, May 4, 2016
  11. Bluscream Win User
    No solution works for me and i don't want to reinstall my whole PC *Sad

Can't someone with a working store just upload his

• C:\Windows\WinStore\
    • C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_*\
    directories in a zip file here for other people to download and help them with it?

I would really appiciate it *Smile

Bluscream, Jun 27, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to reinstall Store.

1. How to reinstall Store. - Similar Threads - reinstall Store

2. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  3. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.: over two years ago i was a member of windows insider program for windows 10 prof. and had get windows updates asap. my laptop is NOT window 11 compatible according to windows pc health check. I knew this then. but none the less Windows update installed windows 11 over night....
  4. I am getting error trying to reinstall windows store app in win10 prof.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't reinstall callibre app that I purchased from microsoft store on the same pc. and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall callibre app that I purchased from microsoft store on the same pc. and I...: I can't reinstall calibre - Ebook management app that I purchased from Microsoft store on the same pc. and I never used this app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reinstall-callibre-app-that-i-purchased-from/0b632c90-74d3-4803-94e4-cf72b998e6ad
  6. Can't reinstall callibre app that I purchased from microsoft store on the same pc. and I...

Can't reinstall callibre app that I purchased from microsoft store on the same pc. and I...: I can't reinstall calibre - Ebook management app that I purchased from Microsoft store on the same pc. and I never used this app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reinstall-callibre-app-that-i-purchased-from/0b632c90-74d3-4803-94e4-cf72b998e6ad
  7. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  8. Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...

Cannot open or reinstall apps like Photos or Store on Windows 11, considering repair...: I have attempted reinstallation of these apps on powershell as admin and got no results. Only thing i haven't tried that I have come across is a repair install. I am questioning if I should do this and if it would mess anything up. Additionally, I am wondering if I should...
  9. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b
  10. i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i deleted a game off the microsoft store and reinstalled it only for the save data to be...: Ive tried searching appdata but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-a-game-off-the-microsoft-store-and/d691256b-81fd-49d9-8723-1c3730e1a68b