Windows 10: How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

Discus and support How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sorrymargaret, Jan 28, 2017.

1. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

Did a fresh install of Windows 10 recently and usually after I finish the setup I uninstall programs and apps that I do not use, this includes many of the default Windows apps. This time, I accidentally uninstalled the Photos and the Windows Store app. I've contacted official Microsoft support and their solution is to reinstall or repair Windows 10. I'd prefer to not do that. So, I'd like to know if there is any place I can find an installer for the Windows Store or specific applications.

I found this https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...ws-8-10-a.html and I've tried both options. This is the error screen I get from Option 1.
    How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps? [​IMG]

And this is the error screen I get from option 2.
    How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps? [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

sorrymargaret, Jan 28, 2017
  2. eceb3c7c-b364-4010-b850-ed425a2b4952, Jan 28, 2017
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

Hello Margaret, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm afraid that the apps' packages appear to be gone to be able to reinstall them.

If you have a restore point dated before you uninstalled the apps available, then you could do a system restore to go back to the restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

If not, then easiest way to restore them without losing anything is to do a repair install. Unfortunately, you'll have to uninstall the apps you don't want again afterwards.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Jan 28, 2017
Thema:

How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps?

1. How to reinstall Windows Store App and other default Windows apps? - Similar Threads - reinstall Store App

2. How to reinstall Microsoft Store app in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall Microsoft Store app in Windows 10?: I just unnistaled microsoft store in my windows 11 because it was having problems in lauching. i can't install using the "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}"....
  3. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!: I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows Terminal and Microsoft Store will not open. Apps that I installed from outside the MS store via exe have worked flawlessly...
  4. Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store & other default win11 apps will not open!: I just installed Windows 11 a few days ago and have been waiting to make this post asking for help. The apps that came with Windows 11 like the Windows Terminal and Microsoft Store will not open. Apps that I installed from outside the MS store via exe have worked flawlessly...
  5. no windows app store, how to reinstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    no windows app store, how to reinstall: when I do the reinstall thing on power admin, it does not work, and when on cmd admin, it says 'Get-AppXPackage' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. can someone help me, and even when I restart the computer tablet after the...
  6. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and other Provisioned Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store and other Provisioned Apps: I recently received a used computer and I quickly realized that most of the apps that come standard with Windows 10 aren't on there. Such as Store, Camera, Photos, Alarm, Calculator, People, Maps, Skype. Possibly more but those are the ones I spot immediately. I tried...
  7. store and other apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    store and other apps: hi... from yesterday i cant access microsoft store and other apps such as tips ... it shows no internet.. but i can use browsers without any problems.. why this happends? is it for my settings? or the connection???...
  8. How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app?

How to reinstall one Windows default Stock app?: Hey all, My friend's computer had an app in the Start section that showed him some stocks he has. It wasn't something he installed, but I believe a default Windows 10 app . It's been accidentally uninstalled, and I'm trying to get it back for him, but I don't know what the...
  9. No Windows Store or default apps

No Windows Store or default apps: I hope I'm posting in the right section here. A while ago I had been having some issues with my machine. To combat this, one of the suggestions I saw was to remove the Windows store and the default apps. At that point I thought it would be temporary or otherwise reversible,...
  10. No default apps,store, edge and other stuff..

No default apps,store, edge and other stuff..: I just updated to windows 10 and there is no apps at all, no store, even no edge i dont know what to do... HELP 49612

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i reinstall mirosoft store app without losing other apps