Windows 10: How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture

Discus and support How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots, and you get to the login screen, The user image with name is displayed. The image is one you have uploaded in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 12, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture

WinClub, Jul 12, 2019
  2. tracit99 Win User

Remove User Account Picture

Edit: I would like to give credit to Gary Blok the person that helped me find this solution. https://garytown.com/ It took me a while to find his name and website again.

The method that I use does not remove the user account picture. Instead I use a transparent image and force Windows 10 to use that image. The end results is the appearance of no user account picture. This method works if you have not set an user account picture in Windows 10. I am not sure what will happen if you have all ready set an user account picture or if you automatically sync settings.

*Arrow Change Default Account Picture in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Go to %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\ find and rename User-192.png to User-192.old.
    Download and copy from my Google Drive the User-192.png file (transparent although it will appear as a black square) to %ProgramData%\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\.

The folder should look similar to this when you are done.

How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture [​IMG]

Now you must force Windows 10 to use this image. Open Registry editor and navigate to:

*Arrow Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    In the right pane right click and choose Add DWORD (32 Bit) Value (even if you have a 64 Bit system)
    Name it UseDefaultTile. Double click this new DWORD and set its value to 1.
    Here is how the Registry should look when you are done.

Now Log off/Sign out. You should not see the transparent user account picture now.

If you update Windows 10 to a later version (i.e. Windows Insider Preview) or if you run sfc /scannow you will have to go back and replace the User-192.png with the transparent User-192.png. So far the registry key has been unaffected.

tracit99, Jul 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to remove default Windows 10 Sign in User Account picture - Similar Threads - remove default Sign

2. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  3. User's default picture REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User's default picture REMOVAL: I cannot remove the default user picture the anonimous blobs inside a circle on the login screen. I have tried all the suggested methods but none work. It worked in the past but not on the newer version of windows 11, even on a clean install with nothing else added....
  4. How to remove windows account picture

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove windows account picture: Somehow my Windows account was associated with Microsoft account and now it is showing a picture that I don't want.I switched back to local windows account, but local windows account still showing Microsoft account picture.I followed below steps to no avail:Change your...
  5. Remove user account picture on lock-screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account picture on lock-screen.: I recently updated to Version 1903 and the usual tactics to get rid of the user account picture or default logo on the lock-screen are not working. This is what I want to remove to the left of the red arrow: [img] I used the methods successfully outlined in this thread...
  6. Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Remove User Account Picture on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 A user's sign-in screen by default in Windows 10. This tutorial will show you how to remove the user account picture on the sign-in...
  7. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  8. Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709

Remove User Account Picture "Placeholder" in Windows 10 1709: Just to be clear I do not want to remove or change or substitute a picture. I don't have one there. I want to remove entirely the generic "picture" or placeholder where your picture goes.This is what I see when I log in above my name: Imgur I want it to look like the...
  9. How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10

How To Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10: So I have no problem with my name showing when I need to log in with my password but the User Account Picture "icon" (see attached pic) messes up the custom background picture I am using and I want to get rid of it. A Google search came up with lots of info but the first...
  10. Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10: How to: Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 How to Apply Default Account Picture to All Users in Windows 10 [img] Information When changes their account picture or when their Microsoft account picture syncs. If you like, you can standardize the...