Windows 10: How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

Discus and support How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christopher54, May 14, 2019.

1. How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that required access to one of my protected folders, so I allowed it via

Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Manage ransomware protection>Allow an app through controlled folder access>Add an allowed app

After removing the USB drive the program I allowed is no longer in the list of allowed apps under "allow an app through controlled folder access". However, now "Drive (IHow to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access" :)" is listed as an allowed app.

It appears that I cannot remove the drive from the list of allowed apps. How can I remove it?

:)

Christopher54, May 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 14, 2019
  3. AMX& Win User
    Windows Security - Controlled Folder Access - Recently Blocked App List

Hello,

I thank you for your response. I know how to add and remove apps to and from the controlled folder access. My question is how to remove an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list. In Windows 1809 they made it easier to add apps to the controlled folder
    access without having to navigate to the exe. They added a Recently Blocked Apps list you can select from. The steps for Windows 1809 are:

1. Open the Windows Security and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage ransomware protection link under the Ransomware protection section.

3. Click/tap on the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link.

4. Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC to approve.

5. Click/tap on Add an Allowed App (+) sign

6. Click or tap Recently Blocked Apps from the drop down menu. (NEW)

7. Click or tap on the (+) button for the app you want to add from the list. (NEW)

It is this Recently Blocked Folders List I am trying to edit to remove apps I have not authorized and that have been deleted from my PC and are still in this list. I know you can select an allowed app from the controlled folder access list and you will
    see a REMOVE button, which in 1809 will put the app back in the Recently Blocked Apps list if it was there originally. But that same process does not work on the Blocked Apps list.

My question still remains:

How do you delete an app from the "Recently Blocked Apps" list in Windows Security for Windows 1809?

AMX&, May 14, 2019
  4. Frosti7 Win User

How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

Hi,

1.Feature seems like a good idea - but its awfully implemented

2.It blocks my Adobe Suite apps from functioning

3.other apps such as winrar also seems to not function correctly

4.My plan - to add all current application to "allowed list"

5.I have created list with all *.exe files, but how do i BATCH add the txt/csv list of allowed applications to the Ransomware registry? which is located here:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Windows Defender Exploit Guard\Controlled Folder Access\AllowedApplications

Thank you for any input!

Frosti7, May 14, 2019
Thema:

How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

1. How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access" - Similar Threads - remove drive list

2. Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access blocking allowed Apps: Hi, since the recent update to Windows 11 Controlled Folder Access is constantly blocking allowed software I need on pc. Mainly its Adobe Software particularly Illustrator and WD Acronis True Image. I need these for work and its getting frustrating and the software is slower...
  3. How to remove app from the Control Panel apps list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove app from the Control Panel apps list?: [ATTACH] I uninstalled Chrome but I see 2 instances that I cannot uninstall. They probably also don't exist but show up anyway. How can I remove them from Control Panel's apps list?...
  4. Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access

Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access: I have a list of 14 ".exe" files under the subject heading; there seems to be no way of deleting them or allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app button" just results in opening up what appear to be I have a list of 16 ".exe" files under Allowing Apps. through Controlled...
  5. REMOVE a default folder from Controlled Folder Access

REMOVE a default folder from Controlled Folder Access: We need a way to disable individual default Controlled Folder Access protected folders. As of this writing, the only way to install and use many programs, especially games, is to disable Controlled Folder Access entirely. Example: Many game applications require write access...
  6. How do you allow an app through controlled folder access; the only option is to remove them?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you allow an app through controlled folder access; the only option is to remove them?: My setting is "Warn" there are a list of files but other than changing the setting to allow all through there seems to be no way to let selected ones through; in fact now I can't find how to access the list (had it two minutes ago)....
  7. Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app

Controlled Folder Access keeps blocking allowed app: I have gone through the repeated tedium of adding, one at a time, .exe files to the list of programs allowed through Win10's Controlled Folder Access. This typically works fine. I usually have to restart the app in question, and occasionally seem to have to reboot, but...
  8. How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access

How to add Modern UI apps to approved apps list of Controlled Folder Access: Hi, I have problem with Controlled Folder Access, which won't let me to save files from almost any app. So I added my apps manually, but it don't work for Office Mobile apps on Windows, since I don't know the location of executable files. I can't use full Office - I have...
  9. Allow an app through Controled folder access

Allow an app through Controled folder access: Hello I am not sure what this image attached to this question is asking I.e I have no idea what app is being referr[ATTACH]ed to! I am not even sure what the 'Control folder' refers to! I was going to look it up like usual before posting but I have many things open...
  10. Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 Starting with Controlled folder access is introduced in Windows Defender Antivirus. When Controlled folder...