Windows 10: How To Remove Gaming Settings

Discus and support How To Remove Gaming Settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is it possible to remove Gaming Settings in Windows Settings, installed with the latest update? I've already disabled the Game bar. 86858 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gogreen, Jun 14, 2017.

1. gogreen Win User

How To Remove Gaming Settings

Is it possible to remove Gaming Settings in Windows Settings, installed with the latest update? I've already disabled the Game bar.

:)

gogreen, Jun 14, 2017
  2. CJLim Win User
    CJLim, Jun 14, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    APN Settings - How to Edit or Remove?

Yes, you can only edit manual settings. The auto settings are read from the sim. Settings should be available from your VF UK support website. I am on VF Ireland so settings wont be any good to you.

CJLim, Jun 14, 2017
  4. How To Remove Gaming Settings

Turn On or Off Game Mode in Windows 10 Windows 10 Gaming Tutorials

How to disable and remove the Xbox Game bar in Windows 10 Creators Update | Windows Central

I use this:

Code: reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\xbgm" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f sc config XblAuthManager start= disabled sc config XblGameSave start= disabled sc config XboxGipSvc start= disabled sc config XboxNetApiSvc start= disabled schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\XblGameSave\XblGameSaveTask" /Disable takeown /f "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /a icacls "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /grant:r Administrators:F /c taskkill /im GameBarPresenceWriter.exe /f del "%WinDir%\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe" /s /f /q reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AppCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "UseNexusForGameBarEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "AudioCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR" /v "CursorCaptureEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "ShowStartupPanel" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\System\GameConfigStore" /v "GameDVR_Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR" /v "AllowgameDVR" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\GameBar" /v "AllowAutoGameMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Jun 15, 2017
  5. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, TairikuOkami. Game bar and Game mode are off. I want to completely remove Gaming settings in Windows settings--or, at least, hide that option. Is that what the code would do?

gogreen, Jun 15, 2017
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    You could type MSCONFIG in your Run box, the then click on the Services Tab, then way down at the bottom you will see your XBox services, UN-Check them all, and reboot. Done.

How To Remove Gaming Settings [​IMG]

OldMike65, Jun 15, 2017
  7. I do not think, that you can hide the whole category, look at this this:

Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

You could try to remove it from ISO, though you would be probably left with a broken shortcut.

8. gogreen Win User

Thanks, TairikuOkami. I figured as much--I don't want to mess with things and break something else.

So what does the code do?

gogreen, Jun 15, 2017
  9. It just disables everything xbox related like services and it removes GameBarPresenceWriter.exe, which runs when it detects a supported game, even when game bar is disabled pretty much everywhere.

10. emka Win User
    [/quote] I ran the code but the process GamePresenceWriter.exe still starts everytime i start a game, any other suggestions?

11. xkkwx Win User
    GamePresenceWriter disable
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsRuntime\ActivatableClassId\Windows.Gaming.GameBar.Pres enceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter" set "ActivationType" to 0
    for modificate this key u need set owner and permissions, gl

xkkwx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Remove Gaming Settings - Similar Threads - Remove Gaming Settings

2. How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the English layout if it is not in the list of settings?: I have English US which is normal and I need this one.And I have Russian - 1 layout whihc is also normal and I also need this one.And finally I have English International, I don't need this one and I want to remove it but I can't =Everything would be fine, only because of...
  3. How to remove this setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this setting?: I was playing a game then I had to do something, when I came back I accedintily pressed 2 keys and then when I tried to use WASD the windows home button wasn't working and instead all my keys were now used as something that either opened a sidebar, opened the settings tab,...
  4. How to remove this setting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove this setting?: I was playing a game then I had to do something, when I came back I accedintily pressed 2 keys and then when I tried to use WASD the windows home button wasn't working and instead all my keys were now used as something that either opened a sidebar, opened the settings tab,...
  5. How to remove banner at the top of my setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove banner at the top of my setting?: How to delete this from Settings app? [ATTACH] [Original Title: Impudent advertising] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-banner-at-the-top-of-my-setting/9af92373-c321-4c1f-a183-7c50dc5c8c35
  6. How to remove the windows settings "header" ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the windows settings "header" ?: So microsoft is back to doing irritating things like pushing the header on one of my pcs, but not on the other. They both have the same microsoft account, and are on the same exact version of windows. The difference, one now has the header - the other does not. I used to...
  7. How to remove the "cursor speed" in Mouse Setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove the "cursor speed" in Mouse Setting: I remember in my old PC (Windows 10) that there were no Cursor speed in the page of cursor speed, you need to get into additional mouse options to change the dpi. However, in my new PC (window 10), the there is a cursor speed in the mouse setting page, so I do not know which...
  8. How to remove my download games Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove my download games Icons?: The new task view bar, How can I delete the Icons (left side of screen) (games I may download). When I click the task view bar, the Icons come up but go away again. I can't keep them on the screen long enough to delete them off the screen. I can't empty my waste basket...
  9. How to remove ‘Select privacy settings’ box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove ‘Select privacy settings’ box: After updating Windows 10 before shut down, i booted up my laptop to find a box asking me to select privacy settings. No matter how many times i select and click okay, it won’t go away. Just keeps telling me to try again. Short of resetting my laptop, there is nothing else I...
  10. Windows 10 Settings how to remove photo

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Settings how to remove photo: Can anyone please advise, on the settings page where these details are:- Settings - Your info Photo (Mine) Name (Mine) Email Acc (Mine) Administrator I can find no way to delete my Photo and also my email address, can anyone please help. Many thanks, Peter. 105092

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove gaming from settings

2. Windows 10 Windows Settings Gaming remove

3. removing gaming from settings

4. gaming settings windows 10 remove,
  5. remove gaming from windows settings,
  6. how to remove gaming settings from windows 1809,
  7. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsRuntime\ActivatableClassId\Windows.Gaming.GameBar.PresenceServer.Internal.PresenceWriter,
  8. remove gaming settings in windows settings