Windows 10: Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Pages from Settings in Windows 10 The Control Panel. Settings is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by oneLess, Feb 27, 2017.

1. oneLess Win User

Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Pages from Settings in Windows 10

The Control Panel.

Settings is organized into separate System, Devices, Network & Internet, Personalization, Apps, Accounts, Time & language, Gaming, Ease of Access, Privacy, Update & security, and Mixed reality categories. Each category has its own pages of settings. Each settings page is represented by an identifier. The identifier for any given settings page is the published URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) for that page, minus the "ms-settings:" protocol part at the beginning of its URI command.

If you like, you can specify a list of pages to show or hide from the System Settings app starting with Windows 10 build 15002. If all pages in a category are listed to be hidden, then the category will be hidden as well.

This tutorial will show you how to specify a list of Settings pages to show or hide for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to hide or show Settings pages.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show Settings Pages in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show Settings Pages in Registry Editor

EXAMPLE: Settings

Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show Settings Pages in Local Group Policy Editor

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions will be able to use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel

3. In the right pane of Control Panel in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Settings Page Visibility policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (all), step 6 (hide), or step 7 (show only) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Show All Default Settings Pages
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 8 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Specify a List of Settings Pages to Hide
    A) Select (dot) Enabled. (see screenshot below step 7)

B) In the Settings Page Visibility field, enter this below, click/tap on OK when finished, and go to step 8 below.

*Arrow hide:pageURI;pageURI;pageURI

Note Substitute pageURI in the command above with the URI command (click on link) minus the "ms-settings:" protocol part for each settings page you want to hide with each page separated by a semicolon.

You can specify one or more settings pageURI to hide.

For example: To hide the Bluetooth (ms-settings:bluetooth), VPN (ms-settings:network-vpn), and Proxy (ms-settings:network-proxy) pages in the Settings app, I would enter this below into the Settings Page Visibility field.

hide:bluetooth;network-vpn;network-proxy

7. To Specify a List of Settings Pages to Only Show
    A) Select (dot) Enabled. (see screenshot below)

B) In the Settings Page Visibility field, enter this below, click/tap on OK when finished, and go to step 8 below.

*Arrow showonly:pageURI;pageURI;pageURI

Note Substitute pageURI in the command above with the URI command (click on link) minus the "ms-settings:" protocol part for each settings pages you want to show with each page separated by a semicolon.

You can specify one or more settings pageURI to show.

Any settings pageURI you do not list to show will be hidden in Settings.

8. You can now close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

9. If Settings is currently open, then close and reopen Settings to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show Settings Pages in Registry Editor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. Do step 4 (all), step 5 (hide), or step 6 (show only) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Show All Default Settings Pages
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) In the right pane of the Explorer key, right click or press and hold on the SettingsPageVisibility string value (if available), and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below step 2)

B) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Specify a List of Settings Pages to Hide
    A) In the right pane of the Explorer key, double click/tap on the SettingsPageVisibility string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

Note If you do not have a SettingsPageVisibility string value, then right click or press and hold on an empty space in the right pane of the Explorer key, click/tap on New, click/tap on String Value, type SettingsPageVisibility for the name, and press Enter.

B) Enter this below, click/tap on OK when finished, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow hide:pageURI;pageURI;pageURI

Note Substitute pageURI in the command above with the URI command (click on link) minus the "ms-settings:" protocol part for each settings page you want to hide with each page separated by a semicolon.

You can specify one or more settings pageURI to hide.

For example: To hide the Bluetooth (ms-settings:bluetooth), VPN (ms-settings:network-vpn), and Proxy (ms-settings:network-proxy) pages in the Settings app, I would enter this below as the value data for the Settings Page Visibility string value.

hide:bluetooth;network-vpn;network-proxy

6. To Specify a List of Settings Pages to Only Show
    A) In the right pane of the Explorer key, double click/tap on the SettingsPageVisibility string value (REG_SZ) to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

Note If you do not have a SettingsPageVisibility string value, then right click or press and hold on an empty space in the right pane of the Explorer key, click/tap on New, click/tap on String Value, type SettingsPageVisibility for the name, and press Enter.

B) Enter this below, click/tap on OK when finished, and go to step 7 below.

*Arrow showonly:pageURI;pageURI;pageURI

Note Substitute pageURI in the command above with the URI command (click on link) minus the "ms-settings:" protocol part for each settings pages you want to show with each page separated by a semicolon.

You can specify one or more settings pageURI to show.

Any settings pageURI you do not list to show will be hidden in Settings.

7. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

8. If Settings is currently open, then close and reopen Settings to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

oneLess, Feb 27, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 27, 2017
  3. KrishD Win User
    Hide/Show some of the pages

Thank for the response. Actually I already have set up the notebook like you suggested. For clarity's sake this is the layout:

• I have a "Notebook" set up for the College, call it HCC
    • I have "Sections", one for each quarter - Winter'11, Spring 11, Summer 11, Fall 11, and now Winter 12
    • Under each of these Sections, I have two or three classes set up as "Pages", say, Week 1, Week 2, ... so on upto Week 10, one for each class.
    • When I go to Office Mobile on my Windows Phone, I see all the "Pages" of all the Sections that I have accessed before as OneNote "Tiles".

As you can imagine theret is a pretty large number of Tiles/pages and to quickly find and navigate to a page is a nightmare.

Can you see anything that you could suggest me to clear this "clutter" up. Perhaps, this is what I'd like to see -

A Tile for every Section, instead of for every Page! - like a tile for Winter 11, a tile for Fall 11 etc.

Thanks for your help.

KrishD, Feb 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello C, *Smile

Even though the group policy doesn't state any restrictions, it appears that this policy isn't available until Windows 10 build 15002.

Brink, Feb 27, 2017
  5. RickC Win User
    Brink, you are a star! I am so pleased that I've been able to get rid of the Gaming entry. Thank you. *Smile

RickC, May 23, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Rick. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, May 23, 2017
  7. oneLess Win User
    more registry values for settings entries here
    c

oneLess, Aug 15, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @oneLess,

Those are linked in the steps. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Pages on Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Pages

2. hide Windows Setting Panel above showing my information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hide Windows Setting Panel above showing my information: How do I hide or get rid of the panel that shows my email and name, im talking about the Panel that is above all the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-windows-setting-panel-above-showing-my/45995bc2-0263-488c-8ffe-db2239f3ca2b
  3. hide Windows Setting Panel above showing my information

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide Windows Setting Panel above showing my information: How do I hide or get rid of the panel that shows my email and name, im talking about the Panel that is above all the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-windows-setting-panel-above-showing-my/45995bc2-0263-488c-8ffe-db2239f3ca2b
  4. hide Windows Setting Panel above showing my information

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Settings Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Page: I pressed something accidentally and the top of my "Settings" page in Windows 10 now has a large bar that includes the following headings/information -- "Local Account" "One Drive" and "Windows Update." The top of the page previously just said "Windows Settings" and now I...
  6. Hide Settings on Windows 10 with a program

in Windows 10 News
    Hide Settings on Windows 10 with a program: Win10 Settings Blocker is a free portable program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to block select options from the Settings application. System administrators may use the Group Policy or the Windows Registry to block options in the Settings application; the main...
  7. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  8. Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Settings Shows a Blank Page: I don't remember when this started. Every time I open Settings, the WU page shows a blank page. Sometimes, it just closes the page/window when I click on WU, but this is rare. I've been searching for a solution to this issue. I notice that people have been reporting it...
  9. Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome How to Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome When you open a new tab Ctrl+N in Google Chrome, you will see shortcuts of websites you visit often by default under the search box. When...
  10. Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 In Windows 10, your PC or device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates...