Windows 10: How to restore Windows Store?

Discus and support How to restore Windows Store? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Store tile in Start is today blacked out, as are several important apps such as Mail, News and others. None of them launch and with Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Nov 3, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

How to restore Windows Store?

The Store tile in Start is today blacked out, as are several important apps such as Mail, News and others. None of them launch and with Store unavailable I cannot try re-installing them. How do I restore the Store? I have some Restore Points which I can try eventually, if there is no other way to restore the Store.

:)

clayto, Nov 3, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Nov 3, 2016
  3. How How Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Nov 3, 2016
  4. How to restore Windows Store?

In my experience once the store and those native apps go wrong there is very little that can be done to salvage them. The only 2 options open to you are either a repair install or as you mention system restore. In fact the fact you have restore points set is a great thing. As long as you can remember which one points to a time when all those apps worked. You won't lose anything by doing it. It's saved me before when I totally hosed up the native apps running the powershell 'fix'.

Scottyboy99, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Adalwar, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    You can try the following to repair the store. Open a powershell prompt and type the following.

$stores = Get-ChildItem -Path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\' -Filter "*Store*"
    foreach ($store in $stores) { Add-AppxPackage - Path "$($store.FullName)\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode"}

Neemobeer, Nov 3, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to restore Windows Store?

1. How to restore Windows Store? - Similar Threads - restore Store

2. Restoring MS Store Purchses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring MS Store Purchses: Hello Team, this is MS Windows 10 pro How can I restore a purchase on MS Store Personal finance App after getting my new laptop. The old laptop however never been backed up and not available to me any more. I have logged on to MS Store using the same account and when I...
  3. After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home...: We are in a habit of buying Windows Home Edition computers and then buying the Pro upgrade. Could be a management hassle after a few laptops need to be set back to factory image. Has anyone done this? I did look for a previous answer. Unfortunately the terms I search for...
  4. How to Restore Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Restore Microsoft Store: Hi! I did something to my computer. I was going to delete the bloatware installed on my computer so I used a debloater tool which showed a bunch of stuff in my Powershell. Then poof, all of the bloatware are removed. But I don't know what happened but the Microsoft store and...
  5. MS Store purchased AAA games / premium software breaks Windows system restore?

MS Store purchased AAA games / premium software breaks Windows system restore?: Over the past year I have had to fully rebuild my system twice due to installing some software that caused issues that could not be removed fully. These were rebuilds that did not need to happen, as normally the issue would be resolved by using system restore to restore...
  6. How Do I Backup Windows Store Games AND Restore It Again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Backup Windows Store Games AND Restore It Again: Hi , I Was Looking For A Way To Backup Windows Store Games Which In This Case Is Forza Horizon 4 , I Want To Reset My PC , But I Don't Want To Download Forza H4 Again Since I Have A Limited Bandwith Of Wifi With Slow Wifi Speeds...
  7. Restore backed up microsoft store games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore backed up microsoft store games.: Hi, I have seen that games from the windows store can be backed up to an external hard drive, but i can't find anywhere that says how to restore them. Can somebody help?...
  8. Restore purchase from Microsoft Store

Restore purchase from Microsoft Store: Hi all, I made a purchase from the store in December 2019, but the PC the purchased software Minecraft, etc was installed on had an SSD failure. Unfortunately, this device was not backed up, and I have no record of the Microsoft account or password used to restore said...
  9. Any way to restore purchases on the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to restore purchases on the Microsoft Store?: I'm asking this question because I uninstalled Minecraft 2 times because my Minecraft was lagging a bit and now it shows up like I never purchased it. I checked my purchases and I saw Minecraft on the purchases list but when I search "Minecraft" not the package Minecraft, the...
  10. Programs and store don't work and are icons are gone. System restore didn't help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs and store don't work and are icons are gone. System restore didn't help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/t3chguy1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghfdpa/programs_and_store_dont_work_and_are_icons_are/