Windows 10: How to restore Windows Store?

Discus and support How to restore Windows Store? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Store tile in Start is today blacked out, as are several important apps such as Mail, News and others. None of them launch and with Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Nov 3, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

How to restore Windows Store?

The Store tile in Start is today blacked out, as are several important apps such as Mail, News and others. None of them launch and with Store unavailable I cannot try re-installing them. How do I restore the Store? I have some Restore Points which I can try eventually, if there is no other way to restore the Store.

:)

clayto, Nov 3, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Nov 3, 2016
  3. How How Win User
    I can't minimize windows edge browser in Windows 10

I am using a desktop and cannot minimize. By now there should be a solution. How can I got back to Windows 8, this is not working for me.

How How, Nov 3, 2016
  4. How to restore Windows Store?

In my experience once the store and those native apps go wrong there is very little that can be done to salvage them. The only 2 options open to you are either a repair install or as you mention system restore. In fact the fact you have restore points set is a great thing. As long as you can remember which one points to a time when all those apps worked. You won't lose anything by doing it. It's saved me before when I totally hosed up the native apps running the powershell 'fix'.

Scottyboy99, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Adalwar, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Neemobeer Win User
    You can try the following to repair the store. Open a powershell prompt and type the following.

$stores = Get-ChildItem -Path 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\' -Filter "*Store*"
    foreach ($store in $stores) { Add-AppxPackage - Path "$($store.FullName)\AppxManifest.xml" -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode"}

Neemobeer, Nov 3, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to restore Windows Store?

1. How to restore Windows Store? - Similar Threads - restore Store

2. Need help restoring my premium for film forth app on the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help restoring my premium for film forth app on the Microsoft store: I Have A Question: So I have Film Forth Premium on My old Laptop from Microsoft Store and I wanted it on my new Laptop That I just bought but when I downloaded Film Forth on My New Laptop it says I don't have premium , Is There Anyway I can Restore My Premium back on it I...
  3. Need help restoring my premium for film forth app on the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help restoring my premium for film forth app on the Microsoft store: I Have A Question: So I have Film Forth Premium on My old Laptop from Microsoft Store and I wanted it on my new Laptop That I just bought but when I downloaded Film Forth on My New Laptop it says I don't have premium , Is There Anyway I can Restore My Premium back on it I...
  4. Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app: Hello,I have not been able to access either the Store app or the Xbox app. This is an ongoing issue for well over half a year, but recently I decided to tackle the issue.The Store app will not launch any window when clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, and the Xbox app...
  5. Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app

Assistance needed in restoring Microsoft store and Xbox app: Hello,I have not been able to access either the Store app or the Xbox app. This is an ongoing issue for well over half a year, but recently I decided to tackle the issue.The Store app will not launch any window when clicking on the shortcut in the start menu, and the Xbox app...
  6. Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing: I may have been tricked into downloading a malware that deleted my security options, thankfully it didn't go after my files. I've been in this situation for a few months now, it never hindered my computers performance and I can still do my work properly and download other...
  7. Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing

Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing: I may have been tricked into downloading a malware that deleted my security options, thankfully it didn't go after my files. I've been in this situation for a few months now, it never hindered my computers performance and I can still do my work properly and download other...
  8. Windows security, Restore Point, Microsoft Store and Other Security Options Missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?: For my explanation, I was uninstalling some programs that I mostly don't know and was about to reset my pc since my windows 10 is getting a bit slower.After some time for my windows 10 installing, for some reason my monitor is pitch-black and my pc is running. It didn't show...
  10. How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i restore my microsoft store and default apps?: For my explanation, I was uninstalling some programs that I mostly don't know and was about to reset my pc since my windows 10 is getting a bit slower.After some time for my windows 10 installing, for some reason my monitor is pitch-black and my pc is running. It didn't show...