Windows 10: how to run sfc

Discus and support how to run sfc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to run sfc? I open a cmd window but it tells me I need to be an administrator running a console session. I am an administrator on my system. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by moose46, Mar 9, 2019.

1. moose46 Win User

how to run sfc

How to run sfc? I open a cmd window but it tells me I need to be an administrator running a console session. I am an administrator on my system. How do I start a console session?

:)

moose46, Mar 9, 2019

2. SFC wont run from boot command prompt, says ....

What's confusing? Your goal is confusing and your test environment is confusing.
    Let's forget about the malware and SFC for the moment and regroup.

Q1: Tell me if your goal is to install 9926.

Q2: Tell me how you have Win10 setup - in a Virtual machine, as a secondary OS in dual boot, or as the primary and only OS.

Post a screen shot of your Disk Management:
    See: Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

Members have already suggested a Clean install - you don't need to update through Win10.
    easy steps
    1. Download the latest Win10 Preview build ISO on a uninfected machine.
    2. Burn the ISO to a disc
    3. clean out the current Win10 install
    4. install a new Win10 from the disc
    See: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html for the full instructions

Once your goal and test environment are clearly articulated, I or another member can help walk you through the full process. Don't overthink it though as you did with the Malware guide (it sounded to me as though you decided which scanners to run and did not run all of them). If you skip a step in the Clean Install, you'll just be wasting your time and wasting my time.

Answer the first two questions and post the Disk Management screen shot. Start there and focus on the goal.
    Step by step.

Slartybart, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Problem running "sfc /scannow" Error :There is a system repair pending which requires a reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the following command in the Windows Recovery Environment Command prompt.

Follow these steps:

• ​On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power > Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

• Select “Command Prompt”.

• Type this command and hit enter.
    dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

Step 2: Restart and boot the computer in Safe mode

Follow the steps from the link “Start your computer in safe mode Windows 10” to boot the computer in safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Step 3: Perform System File Check (SFC) while the computer is in Safe mode

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: It may ask for Windows DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 9, 2019
  4. how to run sfc

HELP with SFC after DVD upgrade to 10 please

Messing around with the component store is tricky.

After you restore I suggest using Windows to correct the issue
    Do NOT run SFC until we're sure - that just puts you in a loop or worse

1. Programs and Features: Uninstall Avast

2. Run the Avast cleaner

3. Programs and Features: Make a note of what C++ redists are installed
      Uninstall all C++ redists (both x86 and x64 versions)
      Restart the machine
      Re-install the C++ redists (both x86 and x64 versions) from the MS link I gave you above that were installed
    4. Cleanup the image
      See: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Use step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command if you downloaded the ISO from Techbench

Use step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command if you used the Media Creation Tool
      Report back if DISM reported any errors - I'll need to look at the CBS log
    That's enough for now - those steps should clean up your machine. Remember, the only thing SFC reported was the reference to AVAST C runtime. Reinstalling MS C runtime should make them the SxS winners.

After you complete those steps, I'll ask you to look at a few other things before proceeding.
    Do NOT run SFC until asked ... you might have to divert from the path to fix something else

Slartybart, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

how to run sfc

1. how to run sfc - Similar Threads - run sfc

2. How can i run sfc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i run sfc?: If i run sfc scannow it says “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.” If i run sfc verifyonly it says “found integrity problems” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-sfc/61e1c609-5fa2-4d01-bcac-26103aed5eba
  3. How can i run sfc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i run sfc?: If i run sfc scannow it says “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.” If i run sfc verifyonly it says “found integrity problems” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-sfc/61e1c609-5fa2-4d01-bcac-26103aed5eba
  4. How can i run sfc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hello, I am having several issues currently. I recently received a Faulty hardware corrupted page blue screen crash and since then I have been unable to access certain apps such as Steam, update windows, update drivers, or run the sfc scannow or DISM commands. I have run a...
  6. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hello, I am having several issues currently. I recently received a Faulty hardware corrupted page blue screen crash and since then I have been unable to access certain apps such as Steam, update windows, update drivers, or run the sfc scannow or DISM commands. I have run a...
  7. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

8. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hi, I'm having several issues right now. When I try to install drivers, I always get the message"one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation this time."This happened for my amd graphics driver. On the AMD software installer I get the error code 1603...
  9. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hi, I'm having several issues right now. When I try to install drivers, I always get the message"one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation this time."This happened for my amd graphics driver. On the AMD software installer I get the error code 1603...
  10. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.