Windows 10: How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account

Discus and support How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don’t know how it happened but my son’s email account is now linked to my Microsoft account. In other words, we have two email accounts linked to the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by angel_sdchiaa, Dec 10, 2019.

1. How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account

I don’t know how it happened but my son’s email account is now linked to my Microsoft account. In other words, we have two email accounts linked to the same Microsoft accounts. I want to separate our accounts. I tried to create another account for him but it is impossible because "there is an account using that email address

:)

angel_sdchiaa, Dec 10, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account

1. How to separate two accounts associated with the same Microsoft account - Similar Threads - separate accounts associated

2. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  3. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two microsoft accounts with same password: I accidently made another Microsoft account when trying to log into mine for Minecraft, it uses the same email and password and now I cannot get into the original. How do I log into the previous account?...
  4. Two microsoft accounts with same password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Two microsoft accounts same email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two microsoft accounts same email?: Hello,We recently got the Xbox Series X and when I tried to log in, I used my email, the same as I have always done, and it logged me in, but with a completely new account.We previously had the Xbox One. When my dad logged into the box series x, he had all of his rewards and...
  6. Two microsoft accounts same email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two microsoft accounts same email?: Hello,We recently got the Xbox Series X and when I tried to log in, I used my email, the same as I have always done, and it logged me in, but with a completely new account.We previously had the Xbox One. When my dad logged into the box series x, he had all of his rewards and...
  7. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  8. Separating Accounts On The Same Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Separating Accounts On The Same Computer: So I have a desktop and I'm trying to set it up for both me and my mom to use it so I created her a local account. The problem that I'm having is every time I install a program or change a setting or add a file it automatically does the same on her account. So how do I...
  9. Separate microsoft accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Separate microsoft accounts?: I run a desktop pc and two laptops. Each has a legal, registered copy of windows 10. Do I need a separate Microsoft account for each machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-microsoft-accounts/3c4ec76b-4a44-44db-b55d-cf5e10258b93"
  10. Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and xbox into two separate users: I am a father that has a 16 y/o son. So when I set up his xbox account, he used my microsoft account. I have several files on my one drive and keep changing my password effecting my son's xbox account. Moved from: Office / OneDrive with Office / Windows 10 / Office 365...