Windows 10: how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start

Discus and support how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to start a specific EXCEL file whenever windows 10 starts. These show the Office app, but the only options are Modify and Uninstall. There's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SweetTasha, Dec 5, 2019.

1. how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start

I want to start a specific EXCEL file whenever windows 10 starts. These show the Office app, but the only options are

Modify and Uninstall. There's no option to add to the startup.

how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start d102df14-c235-49da-8b76-213a6bd208b6?upload=true.png

how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start a2190d32-d21a-4d03-ba47-c8dcae0e5656?upload=true.png

Thanks. SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Dec 5, 2019
  2. Catfelix Win User

Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch?

Catfelix, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

The same jumplist shows wherever you right-click on Excel (or any other app that has a jumplist) be that on a tile in Start, pinned to the taskbar or in Start's 'all apps' list.

Right-click on any file name in the jumplist (like your ABC.xls) and you should see options to 'Pin to this list' and 'Remove from this list'. If the file is pinned to the list, you have to unpin it first before you can remove it from the list.

how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start [​IMG]

how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start [​IMG]

*Arrow Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

If that isn't working for you, then it sounds like you'll need to reset the recent items that jumplists show. This will reset ALL jumplists, not just the Excel one, so only reset it if nothing else works.

*Arrow Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Bree, Dec 5, 2019
  4. how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start

How to pin an Excel 2007 file to the W10 Start fly-out menu

I have W10 and Excel 2007.

I commonly use a file XYZ.xlsx, and I'd like to be able to do the following.

Click Start --> hover over the arrow to the right of Excel 2007 --> show jump list --> click on XYZ.xlsx, either under the "Pinned" or the "Recent" section.

However, when I do the steps above, nothing shows under "Pinned", even though I've pinned XYZ.xlsx inside Excel 2007, I've opened, saved and closed the file several times, etc. Somehow W10 still doesn't know this is a file I want to use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vince

Uncle Vinny, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start

1. how to start an excel file automatically at windows 10 start - Similar Threads - start excel file

2. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  3. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  4. excel app not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excel app not starting: when i am trying to open my excel then at first office logo comes up which says office is updating ,please wait . Then a error message flashes on screen which says excel.exe -application error . the application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142 click ok to close the...
  5. pin to start an excel file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    pin to start an excel file: I would like to pin an excel file to start. I downloaded and ran the "pin to start" reg file. It does work for things like folders, but it does not appear for my excel file. Is it possible to have "pin to start" work for files? Windows 10, version 1903, build 18362.1016 162807
  6. pin to start an excel file

in Windows 10 Support
    pin to start an excel file: I would like to pin an excel file to start. I downloaded and ran the "pin to start" reg file. It does work for things like folders, but it does not appear for my excel file. Is it possible to have "pin to start" work for files? 162807
  7. pinning an excel file to the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    pinning an excel file to the start menu: is there a way to pin a frequently used excel file to the start menu....I had this working for a while but the latest windows10 update seemed to have killed this option (an older reg edit that I have tried to repeat ...not working) is there another, more current workaround...
  8. Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start: From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch? 135063
  9. Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel and Access automatically launch on Windows 10 start: From about 3 days ago whenever I start Windows 10 several instances of Excel and Access are automatically launched. I have checked the Startup Apps and there are no Office apps in the list. How do I find what is causing these apps to launch? 135063
  10. Excel Automatically Starts Upon Login After Using

Excel Automatically Starts Upon Login After Using: I rarely use Excel. However, our resident schedule is published in spreadsheet format. If I open it with Excel and later close/exit the Excel app, Excel will automatically start when I restart my computer or shut down/start again. I'm not sure if there is some remnant of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start files automatically windows 10