Windows 10: how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer

Discus and support how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased another computer and msn.com will not let me use my existing email account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BarbaraHelder, May 4, 2019.

1. how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer

I purchased another computer and msn.com will not let me use my existing email account.

:)

BarbaraHelder, May 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, May 4, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 4, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer :(

Zakin, May 4, 2019
Thema:

how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer

1. how to use existing microsoft email account with new computer - Similar Threads - existing microsoft email

2. Using existing Microsoft Account on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using existing Microsoft Account on new computer: I just got a new laptop and when I was setting it up it gave me the option to use my existing Microsoft account and said it would transfer my files. But now that I have the new laptop going my old one shut down and will not reboot so I can finish getting information on of it....
  3. Using existing Microsoft Account on new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using existing Microsoft Account on new computer: I just got a new laptop and when I was setting it up it gave me the option to use my existing Microsoft account and said it would transfer my files. But now that I have the new laptop going my old one shut down and will not reboot so I can finish getting information on of it....
  4. How do I change my email to an existing microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my email to an existing microsoft account: I want to change my microsoft account to another microsoft account that already exists. How do I merge microsoft accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-to-an-existing-microsoft/d1af63fa-7613-4d08-8f28-6a6e5b593b92
  5. How do I change my email to an existing microsoft account

How do I change my email to an existing microsoft account: I want to change my microsoft account to another microsoft account that already exists. How do I merge microsoft accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-email-to-an-existing-microsoft/d1af63fa-7613-4d08-8f28-6a6e5b593b92
  6. How do I change my email to an existing microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. New Computers and Microsoft Email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Computers and Microsoft Email: This problem has been persistent with Microsoft for the past few years now, and workarounds are getting more difficult. When I provision a new PC for a user at my work, part of the process is setting up a user account. Our organization uses Microsft Office 365 business...
  8. New Computers and Microsoft Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computers and Microsoft Email: This problem has been persistent with Microsoft for the past few years now, and workarounds are getting more difficult. When I provision a new PC for a user at my work, part of the process is setting up a user account. Our organization uses Microsft Office 365 business...
  9. New Computers and Microsoft Email

10. How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to set up a new microsoft account on a used computer: I gave my laptop to my son and we're having issues with Microsoft. Can he set up his own account on that computer so it doesn't affect my laptop?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new laptop That Microsoft account doesnt exist works if log in browser

2. Microsoft setup account using the exiting password

3. how to log on my existing gmail account on new computer or another computer