Windows 10: How To Work OneDrive?

Discus and support How To Work OneDrive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm quite confused about microsoft accounts, google accounts and one drive accounts. I appear to have at least a couple of each kind - and others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Apr 13, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Work OneDrive?

I'm quite confused about microsoft accounts, google accounts and one drive accounts.

I appear to have at least a couple of each kind - and others belonging to members of the family.

I just downloaded a heap of photograph and they're in One Drive on this computer.

I want to see them from my other computers and out in the wide world. I thought this is what One Drive does for you automatically.

But when I go to another computer and log in at One Drive.com with my microsoft account particulars I get One Drive instances with no photos.

When I look at One Drive on the pc here where I've downloaded the photos I can't see where to unambiguously detect who/what I'm logged into One Drive as.

I only know my local login for the pc. Which MS has now changed to a PIN. A four digit PIN ! That's where we were 20 years ago and we've constantly updated requirements until now I typically need about 10 chars including Upper case, lower case, symbols and numbers - and now suddenly back to four digits ?

So can some help me with a starting place? Like this maybe:

I'm logged in at my pc. It's got big mobs of photos supposedly in One Drive on it.

How do I go from there to where I can view those photos from anywhere else?

How To Work OneDrive? :)

:)

abrogard, Apr 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How To Work OneDrive?

No onedrive

Hello Francis, How To Work OneDrive? :)

Doing the steps below to install the latest version of OneDrive may be able to help.

1. Download and install the latest version of OneDrive that's rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. After your computer restarts, select the Start button, search for “OneDrive”, and then select the OneDrive desktop app.
    4. When OneDrive Setup starts, enter your personal account, or your work or school account, and then select Sign in.

Brink, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

How To Work OneDrive?

1. How To Work OneDrive? - Similar Threads - OneDrive

2. OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore: I have a subscription with Carbonite so that I can get access to files regardless of device operating system.I bought a new PC with Windows 11. Old PC is also Windows 11 When I tried to restore from Carbonite, OneDrive "moved" files and folders from the original location...
  3. OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive interfered with Carbonite restore: I have a subscription with Carbonite so that I can get access to files regardless of device operating system.I bought a new PC with Windows 11. Old PC is also Windows 11 When I tried to restore from Carbonite, OneDrive "moved" files and folders from the original location...
  4. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  5. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  6. My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files.: My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-loading-infinitely-and-doesnt/697543b9-8db0-4284-8e49-41fcbf2b635e
  7. My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files.

My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files.: My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-keeps-loading-infinitely-and-doesnt/697543b9-8db0-4284-8e49-41fcbf2b635e
  8. My OneDrive keeps loading infinitely and doesn't load or sync files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Anmeldung von onedrive funktioniert nicht

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anmeldung von onedrive funktioniert nicht: Anmeldung von onedrive funktioniert nicht https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anmeldung-von-onedrive-funktioniert-nicht/b3721f09-dd03-4146-8f1b-9516ab8ac56a
  10. Anmeldung von onedrive funktioniert nicht

Anmeldung von onedrive funktioniert nicht: Anmeldung von onedrive funktioniert nicht https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anmeldung-von-onedrive-funktioniert-nicht/b3721f09-dd03-4146-8f1b-9516ab8ac56a