Windows 10: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

Discus and support I can't disable some security and maintenance settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Random guy, Nov 19, 2019.

1. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me click on them).

Even after doing a clean install I still can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the ones I mentioned earlier). I've been having this problem since Windows 7.

:)

Random guy, Nov 19, 2019

2. Backup Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages

How to Backup and Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages in Windows 10

By default, Windows will automatically check for security and maintenance problems and send you a message (notification) if problems are found.

This tutorial will show you how to backup and restore security and maintenance message settings for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Backup Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages
    • Option Two: Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages

EXAMPLE: Security and Maintenance Settings

I can't disable some security and maintenance settings [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Backup Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Checks

3. Right click on the Checks key in the left pane, and click/tap on Export. (see screenshot above)

4. Navigate to where you want to export the .reg file to, type a name you want for the .reg file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

*note This .reg file is the backup of your Security and Maintenance settings.

5. You can now close Registry Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Restore Security and Maintenance Settings for Messages
    1. Double click/tap on the .reg file from Option One above to merge it.

2. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

3. restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Automatic Maintenance Disable Bug

I have recently been plagued with my computer waking up in the middle of the night and have gone through every step imaginable to resolve the issue.

• I checked the LAN and WiFi cards for being able to wake the computer, and disabled them.
    • Disabled all my USB devices from being able to wake the computer
    • Checked all scheduled tasks Task Scheduler and found nothing at the time of the event for the last run time. I did this right after turning it on to make sure no other events really had time to run.
    • I checked powercfg /lastwake, which said unknown, and /waketimers, which listed nothing there.
    • Checked UpdateOrchestrator and turned off their abilities to wake the computer.
    • I ran the powershell command, Get-ScheduledTask | where {$_.settings.waketorun} and found nothing enabled
    • I unchecked run Automatic Maintenance at a scheduled time
    • I checked group policy for anything related to waking/rebooting for Windows Updates, and found nothing related.

There were a few other steps I went through that I found online in different articles, but nothing had worked. The most interesting thing about all this was that Automatic Maintenance had run at the exact time that my computer had generated it's Wake Event
    in event viewer, even when being disabled. I have added a registry key to disabled it manually, that I found online, and if it works, I will edit my post to let others know that it worked, and where the key was added and with what name and value.

I made this post more so for visibility and as a bug report t bring the attention of support that may get an engineer to look at the issue.

My build version is: 1709 (16299.192)

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Randomkid_95, Nov 19, 2019
  4. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

How to disable automatic maintenance permanently?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

In Windows 8.1, you could open the task scheduler and browse to the location: Task Scheduler > Microsoft > Windows > Task Scheduler. You could then eventually, disable
    Idle Maintenance & Regular Maintenance. But in Windows 10, these entries are not listed.

In this case, I would suggest you to send your feedback using the Feedback App in Windows 10. To open the feedback app:

• Open Start menu.
    • Type Feedback and hit Enter
    • Follow the prompts
    Hope the information helps.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

1. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings - Similar Threads - can't disable security

2. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them: so i'm having trouble with the settings and i'm trying to enable and disable some settings but they do not work.the settings that aren't enabling or disabling:"Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows""Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  3. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them: so i'm having trouble with the settings and i'm trying to enable and disable some settings but they do not work.the settings that aren't enabling or disabling:"Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows""Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and...
  4. i can enable or disable some settings but i can't enable or disable some of them

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't reach some settings in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reach some settings in Windows Security: Hello!I have a pretty big problem with windows security. Suddenly, in windows security I can't reach really important settings, like firewall, etc. If I try to access it, it says this: "Page not available: Your IT administrator limited access to some areas of this app, and...
  6. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't disable some security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  7. Problem regarding security and maintenance settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem regarding security and maintenance settings: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I thought Windows 10 had removed homegroup] ones since it won't let me...
  8. Security and Maintenance settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  9. Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Security & Maintenance from Settings: I sometimes search for Security in the Settings app to find the option for Security & Maintenance. This no longer works in my admin account on my desktop PC running v1709. Nothing happens when I click on Security & Maintenance in the search box (see below) but it works fine...
  10. how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to Disable "Security and Maintenance" notifications: [img] 87862