Windows 10: I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

Discus and support I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I attempted to connect my Gmail/Google account to my Windows account in Settings, I received an error code. This happened repeatedly, even though... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KibbyAlbery, Nov 14, 2018.

1. I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

When I attempted to connect my Gmail/Google account to my Windows account in Settings, I received an error code. This happened repeatedly, even though my internet connection is working fine and I have enabled account connecting in my Google settings. Also, when I go to my Google settings, it says that Windows is connected, but it isn't showing up as connected on my PC. What am I doing wrong?

:)

KibbyAlbery, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC :(

Zakin, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Addie Win User

I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC

1. I can't link my Google account to my Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - can't link Google

2. I can't link my phone to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't link my phone to my account: Good day! I have a problem of the following nature: I need to link my Microsoft Lumia 650 phone via IMEI to my Microsoft account. However, my IMEI is not recognized. I bought the phone in 2016. I would appreciate your help!...
  3. I can't link my phone to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't link my phone to my account: Good day! I have a problem of the following nature: I need to link my Microsoft Lumia 650 phone via IMEI to my Microsoft account. However, my IMEI is not recognized. I bought the phone in 2016. I would appreciate your help!...
  4. I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't sign in to my Microsoft account on my pc: Please help me. After I connected my PC with my Microsoft account, everything was OK until I turned it off and turned it back on. It shows the sign-in screen and I can’t sign in. So, I decided to remove it from my Microsoft account from my phone but still can’t sign in....
  5. Can't sign into my Microsoft or Google accounts on my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into my Microsoft or Google accounts on my laptop: This is a lot of stuff rolled into one big issue, so I don't really know which topic to put it under. Since my main issue is with logging in however, I'm putting it here.I need to turn off S Mode in the Microsoft Store, but according to the multiple troubleshootings...
  6. Can't sign into my Microsoft or Google accounts on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into my Microsoft or Google accounts on my laptop: This is a lot of stuff rolled into one big issue, so I don't really know which topic to put it under. Since my main issue is with logging in however, I'm putting it here.I need to turn off S Mode in the Microsoft Store, but according to the multiple troubleshootings...
  7. Can't sign into my Microsoft or Google accounts on my laptop

8. I can't add my Google account

I can't add my Google account: Hello, I'm trying to open my Gmail account in the Mail & Calendar app Windows 10, but it won't let me do it. Whenever I select Google from the list, a pop-up appears saying: "Something wen't wrong. We're but we weren't able to do that. Error code: 0x8007042b", without even...
  9. I linked my switch account for minecraft to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I linked my switch account for minecraft to my microsoft account: I linked my Minecraft switch edition account to my Microsoft account and was wondering if it lets me have Microsoft edition for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-linked-my-switch-account-for-minecraft-to-my/c61f048e-7ece-48ab-9dd7-350f5fa4a30e
  10. Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link PC to my Microsoft account: In Windows 10 settings, under Accounts > Your Info ... I'm trying to use the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" option. My user account has always been local but I'm building a new PC and want to make sure my license is on my Microsoft account so I can activate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone can not link google account

2. cant link microsoft account windows 10

3. i cant add my google account to my computer

4. link google acount to pc,
  5. Why I cannot login my google account on windows 10 phone,
  6. i cant link my phone to google account,
  7. Where is the Google account in this computer PC,
  8. t link google mail account to windows mail,
  9. my Microsoft account cant connected to my phone,
  10. link microsoft and google account,
  11. where is my google account on windows 10,