Windows 10: I seem to have been logged out of my Microsoft account. Can't find any files on my...

Discus and support I seem to have been logged out of my Microsoft account. Can't find any files on my... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; An odd thing just happened. When I brought my PC out of sleep mode, I remember seeing a quick message about being logged out of my computer. I can... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BobInOhio, Feb 6, 2020.

1. BobInOhio Win User

I seem to have been logged out of my Microsoft account. Can't find any files on my...

An odd thing just happened. When I brought my PC out of sleep mode, I remember seeing a quick message about being logged out of my computer. I can log back in but now my computer looks as though it's back to factory-state. I can't find any of my files or programs when I try to find them on my PC, BUT I can access the files across my network, from my laptop, so I know the files are still on the computer.

I have no idea how this happened or how to fix it.

Thanks

:)

BobInOhio, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 6, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I seem to have been logged out of my Microsoft account. Can't find any files on my...

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I seem to have been logged out of my Microsoft account. Can't find any files on my... - Similar Threads - seem been logged

2. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...: My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! I need both accounts, to be separate. How can I access my hotmails please? Also there is no search function....
  3. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...: My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! I need both accounts, to be separate. How can I access my hotmails please? Also there is no search function....
  4. My hotmail account seems to have been swallowed up by outlook and I can't find it! How can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  6. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logged out of my Microsoft account.: Hi, I've been logged out of Microsoft and cant remember my password.When I reset I have an option for an email, sms of call.I get the SMS code all okay however it then also needs a code from an alternative email address.The alternative email address I have recorded is no...
  7. Logged out of my Microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Logged out of my account & can't access any documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Logged out of my account & can't access any documents: Hi all, I recently rebooted my computer and found myself signed out of some aspect of the Microsoft account tied to my computer. I don't use Outlook, OneDrive, or any of the related services. When I recovered my account info and logged back in, most of my apps had been...
  9. Any way to instantly log out of my Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to instantly log out of my Microsoft Account?: Okay so I'm not a giant fan of Windows 10, and how it forces me to be constantly logged into my Microsoft account, in fact if makes my skin crawl that I1d think I'm logged out and it's still logged in somehow. Is there a way to instantly sign out of all the background...
  10. I seem to have two Local Administrator Accounts and I can't log in to my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I seem to have two Local Administrator Accounts and I can't log in to my Microsoft Account: I recently purchased Office 365. It is linked to my Microsoft Account. But my Windows 10 computer seems to have two Local Administrator Accounts they have different photos and I'm not sure why. I also don't know to delete one of them since I don't need two. When I try to...