Windows 10: I want to take my microsoft account off of administrator on my computer.

Discus and support I want to take my microsoft account off of administrator on my computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to switch Microsoft accounts on my Windows 10 computer. The one I am currently using seems to be set as Administrator, and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shebby_11, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Shebby_11 Win User

I want to take my microsoft account off of administrator on my computer.

Hello,
    I am trying to switch Microsoft accounts on my Windows 10 computer. The one I am currently using seems to be set as Administrator, and I cannot remove it or change it. I have another Microsoft account I would like to have logged in to my computer instead. I don't know how to take this account off of administrator or what to do, please help!

:)

Shebby_11, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Undo/Un-sync Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

Hi,

It seems that there are changes made on your administrator account after logging in to the Microsoft Store as one of your children. For us to resolve the issue, we suggest that you switch the administrator account to local account and switch it to your own
    Microsoft account. To change account types on your computer, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Under User Accounts, click Change account type.
    • Select your user account and then click Change the account type.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 13, 2019
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. I want to take my microsoft account off of administrator on my computer. - Similar Threads - microsoft account off

2. I want to eliminate my administrator account on this laptop private computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to eliminate my administrator account on this laptop private computer.: I would like to eliminate my administrator account on this one and only private laptop computer. it was created when i didnt understand what it was used for....
  3. I want to eliminate my administrator account on this laptop private computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to eliminate my administrator account on this laptop private computer.: I would like to eliminate my administrator account on this one and only private laptop computer. it was created when i didnt understand what it was used for....
  4. my Microsoft account is under control of a innacessible family administrator, and I want to...

my Microsoft account is under control of a innacessible family administrator, and I want to...: I have tried everything that comes up as solutions for removing accounts from Microsoft that comes up on Microsoft support, and I have exhausted all options that seem logical, and this was my last resort. I need help, because I can't access certain things related to...
  5. I want Edge off of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Edge off of my computer: I don't care about any of the features tied to Edge, I want it gone. It bothers me so much that Microsoft pushes this browser that no one wants and will not let you remove it. I've tried everything to remove it, I edited the NoRemove registry to ungray the uninstall button....
  6. I want Edge off of my computer

I want Edge off of my computer: I don't care about any of the features tied to Edge, I want it gone. It bothers me so much that Microsoft pushes this browser that no one wants and will not let you remove it. I've tried everything to remove it, I edited the NoRemove registry to ungray the uninstall button....
  7. Take off administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Take off administrator: I just purchased a new computer with Windows 10. I have external hard drives that I plugged into the new desktop computer. When I try to move a file from a external hard drive to another drive it tells me I need Administrator permission. How do I turn off this permission when...
  8. Ok I am waiting to take my account off my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ok I am waiting to take my account off my computer: I am wanting to sell my desktop but i wait to make sure all my stuff is deleted off of it make the Computer back where it look like new how do i fo that with out deleting the software on it...
  9. I can't take administrator off my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't take administrator off my microsoft account: Hi, I want to take administrator off my account but when I click on change your account type to click on standard it is greyed out. I also want to take off log in but again it is greyed out. Please can you help me...
  10. I want to create an administrator account on my pc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I want to create an administrator account on my pc: Hi, I need to create an administrator account on my pc with Windows 10 operating system. Can someone here help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-create-an-administrator-account-on-my-pc/e04d0291-d4b7-4093-a237-a021e06d5278"