Windows 10: Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Yep, you'll need to make Internet Explorer the default browser if you want website shortcuts to open in IE11. In addition, double check to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by hTconeM9user, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

Yep, you'll need to make Internet Explorer the default browser if you want website shortcuts to open in IE11.

In addition, double check to make sure that you pinned "Internet Explorer" like step 4 below.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  2. Adela Win User

THANK YOU Brink for ALL your great help, especially for making sure I do what's necessary to get the right result. I was able to make it the default and also to pin it in the taskbar the right way!

Of course, when I want to use Firefox (which will be the majority of the times....) will I have to make a default of this one too? So then will I have 2 defaults? Or will I have to de-default the IE?

Thanks again!!! *Smile

P.S. I forgot to ask you if you happen to know the meaning of this window I get from time to time entitled: "Use recommended security and compatibility settings" referring to the IE 11. And it has a greyed out "OK" and "Ask me Later"...... Thanks.

Adela, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Adela,

You will only be able to have one the web browses as the default to open websites with.

However, you can use "Open with" and just click on a listed web browser to temporarily open sites you want with the non default web browser at anytime. Just be sure to leave Always use this app to open unchecked to prevent making it the default app.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option2

Edit: That box is to adjust your settings for IE11 if wanted. It's best to leave it set to recommended.

Brink, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Adela Win User

I'm very grateful for your help. Now with the IE I was able to transfer the photos. I'll also keep in mind how to handle both browsers. I'm going to keep the URL of this thread so if happens again I'll have the info handy. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!! *Wink

Adela, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Adela. *Smile

Brink, Jul 26, 2016
  6. ber999 Win User
    Good afternoon
    OS and software: Windows 10, MS Office 2013.
    After uninstalling Internet Explorer 11: Tracking of hyperlinks in the body of emails leads to message box with error error message. Setting Firefox or Edge as the default browser does not help.

ber999, Sep 10, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 10, 2017
  8. ber999 Win User

Good afternoon Brink,

thank you very much for the answer.
    The default for the .URL file type is set to "Internet Browser".
    But, I have set Edge as default.

Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Now, I want to remove the Internet Browser from the System.

Best regards

ber999, Sep 10, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Does it work properly again if you add IE back?

Brink, Sep 11, 2017
  10. ber999 Win User
    This was not my question. But, yes.

ber999, Sep 11, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, I was just confirming.

Brink, Sep 11, 2017
  12. I think clicking on "uninstall" in Optional features turns off IE11 if it hasn't been turned off already in Windows Features and removes the option to turn if back on in Windows Features. It don't think it actually uninstalls IE11 from your computer.

Ground Sloth, Apr 4, 2018
  13. Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10

If you go to Apps & features (in Settings) and click on Manage optional features, you are given the option to "Uninstall" Internet Explorer 11 (even if you've already turned it off in the Control Panel).

If you click "Uninstall", the option to turn it back on in the Control Panel disappears.

Ground Sloth, Apr 22, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you @Ground Sloth.

When I click on Uninstall for Internet Explorer 11 in Optional features, it doesn't do anything for me though. *Confused

This is with IE11 turn on and off in Windows Features.

Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 22, 2018
  15. I unchecked it in the "Turn Windows Features on or off" (made me reboot), then went to Manage Optional Features and clicked uininstall and it is gone.

It is no longer in the "Turn windows features on or off" nor the Manage optional features list.

Access Denied, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Install or Uninstall Internet Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Install Uninstall Internet

2. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  3. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  4. Internet Explorer for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer for windows 10: Since upgrade suddenly lost internet explorer and now can not reload it. some of my applications needs ie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-for-windows-10/1d5ff8fe-08f4-41ba-80ac-d2521d87cba6
  5. internet explorer 11 uninstall from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    internet explorer 11 uninstall from windows 10: How to completely uninstall internet explorer from windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11-uninstall-from-windows-10/6dfe463d-c343-422b-96c7-87bca484fb5f
  6. Uninstall Internet Explorer Windows 10 . . .

Uninstall Internet Explorer Windows 10 . . .: I have, a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro . . . I might be, the only one? But, I hate Internet Explorer . . . But, in the control panel. It's not listed. As an uninstall program? How can I uninstall it? If, I can't see it? I could go to, c://program files/x86. And,...
  7. Internet Explorer and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet Explorer and Windows 10: What version of Internet Explorer should I have on my PC before installing Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-and-windows-10/03fb287c-da9f-49c2-9327-85a8b4b64205
  8. Install Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install Internet Explorer: Install Internet Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-internet-explorer/62308c0f-27c2-449d-b0a7-8ed8fff4f54c
  9. Internet Explorer won't uninstall.

Internet Explorer won't uninstall.: One day, Internet Explorer appeared in my taskbar, and I clicked unpin from taskbar, but it keeps popping up. I went to uninstall it, but when I get to the Programs and Features part, there is no Internet Explorer for me to uninstall. I'm very confused and getting a little...
  10. internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?

in Browsers and Email
    internet explorer vanished since windows 10 installed?: hi just installed windows 10 onto my acer p3 tablet/lap top . with it comes microsoft edge (which i'm not overly impressed with) , internet explorer which i still need/use for some applications mainly sky go for tv programs etc seems to have disappeared with even the icon...