Windows 10: Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

Discus and support Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thanks for this Shawn. It's a shame that everything is just on one list. I was looking for the Insider Hub and almost missed it in among all those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

Thanks for this Shawn.

It's a shame that everything is just on one list. I was looking for the Insider Hub and almost missed it in among all those language features.

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Jul 27, 2015
  2. Mohrocco Win User

Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 Empty, Can't Install IE11

Hello,

On one of our machines with Windows 10 Pro, we had trouble with a site that uses an active x control. We tried to reset the IE settings and clear the cache, to get the control to load up again. However, I saw on one of the settings tabs that it was completely
    blank. So it seemed like IE was corrupt somehow.

So I tried to reinstall IE by removing it, via Apps & Features, Manage Optional Features. At the time several items, such as recognition options and IE11 appeared. After removing IE11 and rebooting, I went back into Manage Optional Features to restore
    IE11. However, now there is nothing in the list to select. This machine did have the fall creators update recently installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or, at least, is there an offline installer for IE11 for Windows 10?

Thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Mohrocco, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 Empty, Can't Install IE11

Hi,

There may have been some broken or corrupted system files on Internet Explorer 11
    that results to this issue. To help you with this, we recommend that you perform an in-place upgrade using an
    ISO file. This is to repair any broken system files while keeping your personal files, settings, and installed applications. To do this, follow the steps provided by
    PaulSey in this
    article

Let us know if the solution above works.

Eileen Gal, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

I almost missed Insider Hub in the list as well. *Smile

Brink, Jul 27, 2015
  5. 24C
    24c Win User
    Add me to the "did miss it" list...*Redface

6. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs
    I pretty much use the Windows UWP apps all the time now, and I find WMP and IE11 to be security risks., that's why I want them gone, and as I said above I have never used XPS, so... bye bye*Wink

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Hey Shawn, have you already tried uninstalling WMP and/or IE11 with the manage optional features?
    I was just wondering if it had any negative side effects, as I do not use either anymore, on this machine at least.

I probably could get rid of XPS viewer too, as I have never, ever used it, unless you know a reason I should leave it on the system...
    I'm on 1803 RP in case these three are not showing up on your system.

Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 26, 2018
  8. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

I removed IE from my 1803 a couple days ago. I have not ran into any issues. Edge still works fine without it. I do not know about WMP and XPS.

Access Denied, Apr 26, 2018
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks A.D.*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 26, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Cliff, *Smile

I tried, but it doesn't do anything for me when I click on the Uninstall button in Manage Optional Features.

Brink, Apr 26, 2018
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I'll give it a shot, and nuke all three, and let you know then.

Cliff S, Apr 26, 2018
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Ok I selected uninstall for all three, and they were still there.

I then decided to reboot, and:
    Getting Windows Ready
    Working on updates xx%....
    Restarting
    Working on updates xx%
    Windows!

Opened Start and all three are gone*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 26, 2018
  13. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

Good to know they can be removed. WMP will cause a BSOD for me when using Bitdefender. I plan on using BD when I clean install 1803 from the MCT. Thanks Cliff *Smile

Access Denied, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Manage Optional Features in Windows 10

1. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Manage Optional Features

2. Manage Optional Features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manage Optional Features: I have been getting plenty of recent notifications that say stuff like "This feature was unable to be installed" and I click on the notification for more information and it takes me to the "Manage Optional Features" page in settings and shows me that this has happened plenty...
  3. Optional features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optional features: Hello , We are facing issue with the optional features . All are downloading automatically and failing. Daily we are getting popup twice or thrice a day related to optional features. Can you help out me...
  4. remove optional features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove optional features in Windows 10: How do I remove the optional language features in Windows 10 v 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-optional-features-in-windows-10/01bd1ba9-adca-4641-9c54-306f84184157
  5. Optional features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional features: So, I have given up on speech recognition and want to stop having Windows attempt to install every few minutes. The speech recognition (British English) option isn't on either of the options lists any more. Probably in between because it is still trying to install. How do I...
  6. Settings->System->Apps&Features->Manage Optional Features Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings->System->Apps&Features->Manage Optional Features Question: I have a question, while I know that for foreign language keyboard input which is under Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language, what is the purpose of the one under Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features as it seems like you can add some...
  7. Windows Optional Features Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Optional Features Problem: Hi, the handwriting input panel in my PC running Windows 10 SL is broken. It's fine to using the on-screen keyboard, but when i switched to handwriting input, the panel freezes and then closes itself. Also i got an error when i'm trying to personalise the handwriting...
  8. Windows 10 optional features not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 optional features not installing: Updates install just fine but optional features like fonts etc. don't. [img] My OS is in Finnis, but it says: Language settings, download failed, more information. 16152
  9. optional features

in Windows 10 Support
    optional features: Installing optional features failed, why? Optinal features for english language are installed. Extra language package are downloaded and installed. 58840
  10. Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install

in Windows 10 Support
    Optional features in Windows 10 cannot install: I am having trouble installing optional features from Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features? If I select any feature to install whether it is .NET Framework 3.5 or a language pack, all that happens is the view refreshes and the feature isn't...