Windows 10: Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

Discus and support Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today, Windows 10 Home version 1511, 10586 was forced on me and now my title bar text is an ugly white. It used to be black and I have no clue how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bort, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Bort Win User

Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

Today, Windows 10 Home version 1511, 10586 was forced on me and now my title bar text is an ugly white. It used to be black and I have no clue how to get it back that way. I searched and found this tutorial that tells you to modify a value in the registry, but that didn't do a thing. Is there a way to change this or is it stuck this way now? It's actually quite annoying.

Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color? [​IMG]

:)

2. abcwii Win User

Is it possible to change title bar text color to black if choosing blue as accent color in Windows 10??

Hey,

starting with the 1511 update, Windows automatically changes the text color in title bars to White, if choosing blue as Accent Color in the settings. Is it possible to change it back to black whilst keeping blue title bars?? I really hate the white text
    color!

Thanks!

abcwii, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Is it possible to change title bar text color to black if choosing blue as accent color in Windows 10??

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

No. It cannot be done, changing the text colour of the task bar, whilst changing the task bar colour to blue. As its by design and suggest you to use the Feedback app to provide your valuable suggestion.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are to assist you.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 17, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

mykou, Nov 17, 2015
  5. Bort Win User
    Yes, that's what I was talking about. I did this and it didn't work.

Also, a person in that thread mentioned, "If I choose automatic color my title bar text color is always black. I have also noticed that when first choosing a single color that title bar text color will be set automatically to white or black depending upon the single color chosen."

This is also happening to me.

6. mykou Win User
    mykou, Nov 17, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member

I agree. Yes, it is- you have complete control if you use Aeroglass. And you can choose your active and inactive title bar colours. Except for Wordpad (always black text) and one other at least...
    (This has been discussed extensively in another thread- perhaps the one quoted above..)
    See too:
    Solved Anyway to get back that color chooser for like title bar text? - Windows 10 Forums

(I had understood that in the latest release, MS had applied colour to the active title bar.. in the first public release all were white, no borders, so very confusing).

dalchina, Nov 19, 2015
  8. ddinc Win User

I am looking for the opposite *Smile

is it possible to change the black text color ?

I have played with some registry color settings without success.

ddinc, Nov 19, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Nov 20, 2015
  10. ddinc Win User
    Have tri,ed both.Only the text in windows explorer changes.

ddinc, Nov 20, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    It should change the text color for all system32 window title bars(see screenshot). Universal Apps and some newer program UI's remain uneffected because they use XAML instead.

Cliff S, Nov 20, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    Unsure what you mean. Assuming you are referring to the white title bar text shown in my screenshot, that shows it having been changed FROM black TO white, and that in fact any colour is supported using Aeroglass and the tweaker available with it.
    I have played with some registry color settings without success.

The exception (black) is Wordpad and one other - I forget which.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2015
  13. ddinc Win User

I have managed to get your white(in my case blue) title bars.

But I meant all the black titles on my screenshots above (Chrome + taskbar icons) changig to white.

I have played with various settings below.

ddinc, Nov 20, 2015
  14. dalchina New Member
    Well, as it happens, if I expand my taskbar icons to show captions, they are white also (I've always had them hidden as Windows default now). So the colour matches the window titlebar text colour.

No idea about Chrome browser.. I don't use it.

I suppose if one used Aeroglass's tweaker, by using (e.g.) regshot, you could find out which registry keys are being changed... Just wondering what would happen if you used that without Aeroglass installed....

From your screenshot, ActiveTitle and Inactivetitle and InactiveTitleText look relevant (why isn't there an ActiveTitleText?) but it begs the question as to where the toolbar text colour is defined.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2015
  15. geheim Win User
    I have this problem as well. I want to keep black text in my title bars while having them colored blue. In Windows 10 1511 it always chooses white text color, regardless of any registry values.
    Is there any way to achieve a black text with blue colored title bars in 1511??

Thanks for your help in advance!!

geheim, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color? - Similar Threads - possible change title

2. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  3. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  4. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change the color of the Office 2016 title bar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Change the color of the Office 2016 title bar: My office apps title bar color is a horrible deep green. I would like blue. When searching for a solution to this almost every search result had blue. I can't seem to change the color at all. I don't have and will never have a Microsoft account. For themes the only options...
  6. Is it possible to set a title bar color without changing the whole accent color on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set a title bar color without changing the whole accent color on Windows 10?: [ATTACH] Well, I just hate the white title bar on the explorer windows, and I'm using the cobalt accent color (that accent color thing is one I hate too) also I dont like the cobalt (blue) colored title bars. I wonder if there is a way to color the title bars with whatever...
  7. Title bar and task bar color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar and task bar color: [ATTACH] why is the title bar and the task bar not the exactly same color when set? the top bar always appears a little brighter than the start and action center it's the same with transparency effect, the button is always a little darker is it supposed to be this way?...
  8. show color on title bar

show color on title bar: In build 14905 and the latest, 14915, the title bars are black and you can't colorize them. 62261
  9. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  10. Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 Title bar text of open windows will have a separate color for active and inactive windows. An active window is the current open window you have selected. It's title...