Windows 10: Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 Title bar text of open windows will have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

How to: Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

How to Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

Title bar text of open windows will have a separate color for active and inactive windows.

An active window is the current open window you have selected. It's title bar text color will be the full color of the color you set.

An inactive window is any other open window that you do not currently have selected. It's title bar text color will be a faded version of the color you set.

This tutorial will show you how to change the color of the active and inactive title bar text color in File Explorer for your account in Windows 10.

*note The title bar text colors you set will only be applied to your current theme. If you change your theme, it will also change the title bar text color to what you have set for the selected theme.

*Warning You will need to turn off Aerolite theme to have color on the title bar instead.

EXAMPLE: Active and Inactive Title Bar Text Color

Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Browse to the key located below in Registry Editor. (see screenshots below steps step 4 and step 5)
    *Arrow HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

3. Do step 4 (active) and/or step 5 (inactive) below for the title bar text color you want to change.

4. To Change Active Title Bar Text Color
    A) In the right pane of the Colors key, double click/tap on the TitleText string value to modify it, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Change Inactive Title Bar Text Color
    A) In the right pane of the Colors key, double click/tap on the InactiveTitleText string value to modify it, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6. Enter the 3 Red Green Blue (ex: 215 215 0) numbers (see tip box below) for the color (ex: gold) you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

Tip To find out the Red Green Blue (RGB) numbers for the custom color you want:

A) Open Paint (mspaint.exe).

B) Click/tap on the Edit colors button in the Home tab.

C) Select a color, and adjust the color to what you want.

D) The Red Green Blue numbers for the color will be at the bottom right corner of the Edit Colors dialog.

E) When finished, you can close Edit Colors and Paint.

7. Close Registry Editor.

8. sign in to apply.

9. You may need to repeat this tutorial until you find colors that looks good to you.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Nov 6, 2015

2. Change title bar back to white in Windows 10 November (1511) update.

If there a way to change the title bar back to the white color original Windows 10 without changing the task bar to it's black and grey colors. I find the new colored title bars in the update to be too bright and the text is harder to read.

I like the way it was in the original Windows 10 where I could change the color of the task bar, but still had the white title bar.

Billyv1988, Nov 6, 2015
  3. How to Change Active Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?

I need to change the active title bar TEXT color, not the active title bar color. Also, I need to change it on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709), not any of the previous Windows 10 versions. Thanks!

Weidong Shen, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

@Brink,
    Shawn, one thing I forgot to mention; this only works for the current theme(they should save it if they want to go back).
    If the theme is changed(Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization) they will have to redo it(of course if they want another color too).
    But it isn't for all accounts and not for all themes(changing the taskbar and window colors is no problem, it's changing themes I'm talking about)*Smile

Cliff S, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey Cliff, *Smile

I was just noticing that as well. I added a note to help make folks aware.

Brink, Nov 7, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Nov 7, 2015
  7. tracit99 Win User
    I have noticed that something else is also at play with title bar text color. If I choose automatic color my title bar text color is always black. I have also noticed that when first choosing a single color that title bar text color will be set automatically to white or black depending upon the single color chosen. I have no clue what is a play here or what determines the initial title bar text color setting to black or white.

tracit99, Nov 8, 2015
  8. Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10

Greetings from Holy Jerusalem
    After complete study of the hint, I reached to what I need
    Many thanks

aksalaymeh, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Greetings from Holy Jerusalem
    what I did to change is to go to registry editor " BE CAREFUL DON'T MISS IN THERE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING,TAKE BACKUP "
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\CONTROL PANEL\COLORS and I changed the data color RGB to the color you want
    I hope that will help, it did for me

aksalaymeh, Nov 25, 2015
  10. geheim Win User
    This is not working anymore if using Windows 10 Version 1511... Does anyone have a clue why??

geheim, Nov 27, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello geheim, *Smile

It still working fine for me.

Did you sign out and sign in to apply?

If you change your theme afterwards, it will change this to whatever the new theme is using instead.

If you sync themes, then it may get changed if your theme was synced with another one.

Brink, Nov 27, 2015
  12. geheim Win User
    Thanks for your answer!
    Here is a screenshot:

As you can see I set TitleText to 0 0 0, which should result in black colored title text. However it still remains an ugly white...
    I did sign in and out and even reboot, which did have no effect. I do not sync themes, I use the original windows theme.
    All I want is blue colored title bars whilst having black colored text and control elements.

Do you have a clue what is wrong in my settings?? Before the 1511 update it worked perfectly!

geheim, Nov 28, 2015
  13. Cliff S New Member

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're doing wrong either*Rolleyes*Think*Confused

Cliff S, Nov 28, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    geheim,

It works fine on my desktop, but on my laptop, it appears that I needed to turn off Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar below before you see the color you set for the title bar text. You might try the same.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-start-taskbar-and-action-center-color-in-windows-10.6880/

I don't see any reason for this yet, but please try this using the Aerolite theme below to see how it works for you with it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 28, 2015
  15. geheim Win User
    Turning off Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar doesn't have any effect either... Strange... I only get black text in this case (which I would like of course but with all other elements colored *Wink ). Setting it to 20 255 255 should now result in a green text color, but it remains black. I can not Change it to a personalized Color.

It does works when using Aerolite theme! Problem is I don't like that theme at all, with the large borders and ugly controls in the title bar... I know I am a very complicated case, sorry *Wink
    Would it perhaps be possible to modify the Aerolite theme in a way that it resembles the original Windows theme, but with the options of customization?? Something similar was possible for the RTM of Windows 10 to get colored title bars as you know for sure.

So any other idea?? Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!!

geheim, Nov 28, 2015
Thema:

1. Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Title Bar

2. The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The color of my Title Bar changed by itself.: Yesterday when I opened my PC I noticed that the color of all Title Bars and Borders has been changed without me doing anything to a pink kind of color. My settings seem completely fine and can be seen in the pictures that I provide here. Even when I turn on the option "Show...
  3. Change title bar text size Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change title bar text size Windows 10: how Change title bar text size Windows 10 it is so match small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-title-bar-text-size-windows-10/331ebc7d-58ea-489b-9ee2-9d5cfc2de4e7
  4. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  5. Change title bar text size Windows 10

Change title bar text size Windows 10: Where can I change the title bar text size? When I go to Display I don't see an option to change the size of the title bar. These are the options I have....
  6. Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?

Is it possible to change the title bar *TEXT* color?: Today, Windows 10 Home version 1511, 10586 was forced on me and now my title bar text is an ugly white. It used to be black and I have no clue how to get it back that way. I searched and found this tutorial that tells you to modify a value in the registry, but that didn't do...
  7. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  8. Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color

in Browsers and Email
    Change IE11 In Windows 10 Border/Title Bar Color: Hi Everyone, I performed a search in this forum for a method to change the border/title bar from white to a different color..at least for me, the white color is WAY to bright..and it is very distracting. Doing a search about it elsewhere on the web..didn't help, in fact most...
  9. Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information When you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen...
  10. Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Title Bar Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Title Bars in Windows 10 The title bar is a bar located at the top of a window, desktop app, or dialog box that displays it's name. You can make the text of title bars on your screen easier...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. warna blok window 10

2. win10 explorer title text color is white

3. nu vot