Windows 10: Is it possible to use the windows that i have on my laptop and transfer it to a computer...

Discus and support Is it possible to use the windows that i have on my laptop and transfer it to a computer... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible to do because i am on a budget and would like to use windows 10 without having to buy a copy of it. Really curious if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Euffie_01, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Euffie_01 Win User

Is it possible to use the windows that i have on my laptop and transfer it to a computer...

I was wondering if it is possible to do because i am on a budget and would like to use windows 10 without having to buy a copy of it. Really curious if it is possible to do so.

:)

Euffie_01, Mar 20, 2020
  2. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 20, 2020
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Is it possible to use the windows that i have on my laptop and transfer it to a computer...

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Thema:

1. Is it possible to use the windows that i have on my laptop and transfer it to a computer... - Similar Threads - possible laptop transfer

2. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  3. Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore any apps I used to have after a format on my computer?: I reset/format my computer and my apps are gone, is it possible to recover any apps that are gone on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-restore-any-apps-i-used-to-have/fe26c925-31f1-400e-a593-fa1e8d3b2dce
  4. Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?: I have a laptop with activated Windows 10 on it, the laptop is very old and is probably gonna stop working soon so i ordered a new PC and i was wondering whether i could transfer the activated Windows 10 from the laptop to the new PC, i am still in high school so i can't...
  5. Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?: I have a laptop with activated Windows 10 on it, the laptop is very old and is probably gonna stop working soon so i ordered a new PC and i was wondering whether i could transfer the activated Windows 10 from the laptop to the new PC, i am still in high school so i can't...
  6. Is it possible to transfer windows from Laptop to PC?

7. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?: is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-files-between-computers/7752d8bc-d55b-4549-88a6-19aa35858f0f
  8. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?: is it possible to transfer files from one computer to another using the usb ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-transfer-files-between-computers/7752d8bc-d55b-4549-88a6-19aa35858f0f
  9. is it possible to transfer files between computers using a usb cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to transfer Microsoft Works from programs on my PC to new laptop as I have...: Hi everyone, I am in a pickle at the moment so I hope some one can help me please..... I have just purchased a new laptop and want to add the Microsoft Works onto it. I have used this program for many years and see no reason to change it but after putting it onto other...