Windows 10: Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016

Discus and support Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Windows community Team, I am having trouble with windows 10 pro 64bits and windows server 2016. I am having this issue where all machines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jean BoscoKAGABA, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016

Dear Windows community Team,

I am having trouble with windows 10 pro 64bits and windows server 2016.

I am having this issue where all machines running windows 10 and the servers running windows server 2016 are refusing to join the domain and the error which comes while trying to join the domain is "Network path was not found".

I did multiple change trying different machines running different build of windows 10 however no one of them has joined the domain.

The organization is running 7 domain controllers and also the forest and domain functional levels is windows 2008 R2.

One of the colleague has advised to go for windows 2012 for forest and domain functional level but I doubted on that because the lab I set up is running windows 2008 for forest and domain functional level and the machines running above OS are well joining the domain.

Kindly advise if any thing should be done for better operation.

Thanking you and Regards,

:)

Jean BoscoKAGABA, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Kari, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016

Windows 10 GPO Printer Add issues

A total shot in the dark since this is a very specific issue to our environment, but here it goes...

A little background on this issue, my school district is moving to windows 10. We partially deployed Windows 10 LTSB to some of the labs in the district. We are seeing sporadic issues with our Group Policies deploying printers. We have below 50% success rate with printers actually installing on the Windows 10 client machines.

Thinking it was an issue with LTSB, we downloaded and installed Windows 10 Education version 1709 on a test VM and joined it to the domain. I then applied GPO’s from 4 different servers. 3 Physical Server 2012 R2 servers and the original problem Server 2012 R2 VM Server.

What I found was the same inconsistency after rebooting the Win 10 Edu Test VM. I am getting the same Event 513. See below:

Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016 print.png

I am 100% sure the naming is right because I can manually add the same printer using the \\SERVER\FerLib path. All printers that fail to add have the Event 513. I am also going to post this on other forums.

We are only seeing this on student accounts which are domain guest accounts, meaning their profiles are non-permanent. We do not have the option to turn them into regular users per district policy. If you need more info that I omitted please let me know. We are getting desperate.

Thanks!

Boatvan, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016

1. Issue of joining windows domain presented on windows 10 and windows server 2016 - Similar Threads - Issue joining domain

2. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  3. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  4. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  5. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  6. Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2

Client cannot join domain domain Windows Server 2008 R2: Hello Team,My customer have active directory on windows server 2008 R2- His windows server shutdown by electric power off- After Electric on then he start windows active directory on windows server 2008 R2- Normal the active directory - But new client unable to join the...
  7. Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2016 Active Domain - Windows 10 Accounts Policies: Hi! I have the following problem: I have installed Windows Server 2016 and created a domain AD. I have several computers Windows 10 Pro with 1 local account and 1 generic user created for the domain. I configured the GPO and set Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC...
  8. Domain Join Issue - Windows 10 version 1709

Domain Join Issue - Windows 10 version 1709: Task sequence is kind of failure in one location with domain join issue. TS continues with below error lists netsetup and end with certian apps installation , reboot .But after reboot machine is never restarts TS. We already verfied that SMB 2.0 is enabled in all DC's . Also...
  9. Domain Join Issue Windows 10 1709.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain Join Issue Windows 10 1709.: Hi After completion of 1709 wipe & Load Task sequnece, its found that machine is not joining to domain , But it continues till end When checked SMQ following message has been seen. The issue happens only in particular location and same TS works fine in other sites...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Local Active Directory Domain A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single computer which is called a server. A Domain provides single user...