Windows 10: Issue with Windows 10 Update and Activation

Discus and support Issue with Windows 10 Update and Activation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i need microsoft to update windows on my computer as i cannot do it it states your windows license will expire soon you need to activate windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeannetteBrennan, May 9, 2020.

1. Issue with Windows 10 Update and Activation

i need microsoft to update windows on my computer as i cannot do it it states your windows license will expire soon you need to activate windows on settings but when i go to settings i click activation and nothing happens. it states windows is activated using your organizations activation. please help me and i am so stressed this blue box keeps popping up and i cant type anything it keeps popping up but i cannot activate windows 10 microsoft needs to update it for me. thank you hope you can rectify this big problem

[Original Title: windows 10]

:)

JeannetteBrennan, May 9, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 9, 2020
  4. Issue with Windows 10 Update and Activation

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Issue with Windows 10 Update and Activation

1. Issue with Windows 10 Update and Activation - Similar Threads - Issue Update Activation

2. WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ISSUES

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 ACTIVATION ISSUES: I BOUGHT THIS COMPUTER AS A SECOND HAND USE, IVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES ACTIVATING THE WINDOWS 10 COUPLE WITH THE FACT THAT I DONT HAVE THE PRODUCT KEY.. I REALLY NEED HELP ON GETTING A NEW PRODUCT KEY OR ACTIVATING A NEW WINDOWS....
  3. Windows 10 Activation Issues

Windows 10 Activation Issues: I had windows 10 on a company laptop and started getting notices that it would be expired. I just bought windows, that is in my account but when I try to activate my NEW number it fails with a note that I need a new key the response is "The product key you entered didn't...
  4. Windows 10 Activation Issues

Windows 10 Activation Issues: I recently bought a new PC and i am now trying to activate Windows 10 but i have no error code and the original Product ID does not get accepted. The old PC Windows version was Windows 10 Home Single Language. The new PC arrived with Windows 10 Home Version 1909. When i...
  5. Windows 10 activation issue

Windows 10 activation issue: I used PC with pre-installed Windows 8.1 then I upgraded to Windows 10, changed motherboard and a processor. Since that moment I haven’t been able to activate Windows 10....
  6. Windows 10 activation issues.

Windows 10 activation issues.: Whenever I try to activate windows, I get this message: Something interrupted out troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and try again. 0x80070057 I get this message even though I am connected to the internet, and this issue has...
  7. Activation issue on Windows 10

Activation issue on Windows 10: My PC recently started asking me to activate windows, I have already had this computer for a few years and windows has always been activated. When I do end up clicking "go to settings" to activate windows the settings app opens then crashes. I have tried Win+pause-break to...
  8. Windows 10 Activation ISSUE

Windows 10 Activation ISSUE: I have recently made a new PC build with all new parts, save my SSD and HDD (the prior of which i have my OS installed on) I have been using it for one day and I am getting notifications telling me that I have to activate a product key. This OS and HDD/SSD have been with...
  9. Windows 10 activation issues

Windows 10 activation issues: I am running a virtual machine and have successfully installed Windows 10 and activated with key : T4YCG-JDJH7-VJ2WF-DY4X9-HCFC6 This was some time ago, so the activated copy of Windows i had was build 1709... I thought i would trash this VM and do clean install of Windows...
  10. Windows 10 activation issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation issue: I have downloaded windows 10 from a usb flash drive. Its windows 10 home edition and I have bought a product key for it. But for some reason when I go to activate windows it keeps telling me that my windows is not a genuine copy. I have built this PC myself. Any help on this?...