Windows 10: Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Item check boxes to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add Item check boxes to Context Menu in Windows 10

Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can use check boxes to make selecting multiple items in any order easier to do in File Explorer and on your desktop in Windows.

When check boxes is turned on, you can hover the pointer over each item to reveal the check box to be able to check (select) or uncheck (unselect) it.

By default, you can use Item check boxes from the View tab in the ribbon of File Explorer to quickly toggle use check boxes on and off.

This tutorial will show you how to add Item check boxes to the context menu of the desktop, drives, files, folders, and folder/drive backgrounds for all users in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Item check boxes" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Item check boxes" to Context Menu of Files and Folders
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Item_check_boxes_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Item check boxes" from Context Menu of Files and Folders
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Item_check_boxes_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2017
  2. FBadergv Win User

Windows 10 right click context box text corrupted

Starting sometime in August 2016, the context box that appears when I hover over a menu item with the mouse has a garbled reverse white on black fill that cannot be read.

It also happens on menu items of some programs but not all.

Several times I have been able to eliminate the problem but it always comes back after a short time.

On some programs, right-clicking on a menu selection brings up the context box as usual, but as I move the over listed selections (without selecting anything) the same garbled reverse white on black image appears. It stays there until I turn off the context
    box.

This is happening on a new (Less than 1 year old) HP laptop.

Any suggestions?

FBadergv, Oct 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  4. User919 Win User

User919, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mi(h&e1 Win User
    Changing the file types available in the new menu item of the windows context menu

How do you alter the file types that are listed when you select 'New'
    from the Windows 10 context menu? New software installations add their file types and replace items that were already listed. For example I can create WinZip and Zipx files after installing WinZip, but I cannot create a new Visio file because it is no longer
    in the list.

Mi(h&e1, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Item check boxes - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Item check boxes

2. How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Create Restore Point item to Context Menu in Windows 10: System Protection is a feature that allows PC users to perform a system restore where you select an earlier point in time, called a system restore point that your system reverts to, in the event your PC isn’t working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update....
  3. Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers the Sandbox feature, which is perfect for testing out applications you don’t trust. However, testing them with Sandbox is not straight forward. You […] This article Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add File name extensions item to Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added a feature on the File Explorer Options or Folder Options ribbon and mini window on Windows 10 which allows the user to either enable or disable the file extensions’ visibility in the File Explorer. However, some users [...] This post How...
  5. How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Install CAB item to the Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]CAB or Cabinet files are the packages mostly released by Microsoft and other OEMs as a source of offline installation of Windows Updates and even driver updates. But many users find it difficult to install CAB or Cabinet Files on [...] This post How to add...
  6. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows. The Send to context...
  7. Arranging Context Menu Items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arranging Context Menu Items.: I spent yesterday fiddling with my context menu (Right-Click Menu). I downloaded and installed nearly a dozen different apps/programs. I settled on a couple and went to work adding commands. Here's the problem: Once the items show up in the Context/Right Click menu, there's...
  8. Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hidden items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hidden items to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  9. Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hide selected items to Context Menu in Windows 10 Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...
  10. Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Default New Context Menu Items in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create a new item in the current location. The default New context menu items include to...