Windows 10: I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do?

Discus and support I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hey guys, Upgraded to Windows 10 on Wednesday, since then I've twice had to use system restore after the same thing has happened. I'm doing work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Interprime, Jan 14, 2017.

1. I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do?

Hey guys,

Upgraded to Windows 10 on Wednesday, since then I've twice had to use system restore after the same thing has happened. I'm doing work, suddenly two update begin to download out of nowhere. This then renders me unable to click on the taskbar and unable to interact with any application I'm currently using. So, I restart, and after a while I'm prompted to use System Restore and everything I have is deleted.

So, I just want to know what could be going wrong and how can I avoid this happening in future?

:)

Interprime, Jan 14, 2017
  2. tazmoe Win User

Restore factory settings

Does it harm my phone in any way, when I "restore to factory settings"? I have a Nokia 6263, and have restored it twice since i've had it.

tazmoe, Jan 14, 2017
  3. Mysthran Win User
    Recurring Alarm does not always go off

I have a Lumia 635 that says the software is up to date.

I have a separate alarm set for Wednesday mornings as i get up earlier this day. Twice in the last 2 months it has not gone off.

I have several other recurring alarms, one for the other mornings and 5 daily reminders, I've neer had any of the other alarms miss a day or time, just the Wednesday morning one.

Any thoughts on why this would happen?

Mysthran, Jan 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do?

Welcome to TenForums @Interprime

It is normal for a newly installed Windows 10 to need to download some updates. What version of Windows 10 did you install? Run Winver to find out. Type WINVER in the Cortana/Search box next to Start to find it. If you have installed the latest version it will initially say 'version 1607 (OS build 14393.0)'. When the most recent cumulative update has installed this will become 14393.693.

5. You may also want to check your update history for failures. click start, click settings, click update and security, then update history. Do you see any failures?

If updates are failing I would recommend running update trouble shooter.
    Type troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar, troubleshooting appears at top.
    Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click.
    Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”.
    Should run clean. If not run again.

If using Home version you have limited control on updates but one angle is to set connection as metered if you are using wireless.

Wireless Network Metered Connection - Set in Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Jan 14, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do?

1. I've had to use system restore twice since Wednesday. What can I do? - Similar Threads - I've system restore

2. WHAT CAN I DO TO RESTOR MY SETTING ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHAT CAN I DO TO RESTOR MY SETTING ?: I CANNOT FIND SETTING EVEN START UP, NO TASK BAR...WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN PERSONALISE MESSAGE SAID NO APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOUND. PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS...
  3. I've experienced several system crashes what can it be ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've experienced several system crashes what can it be ?: I've been receiving the BSoD some times and having a lot of crashes mainly during games and was instructed to run the windows verifier, I've followed the procedures and I have the DMP files, if someone can help me to analyse them and find out whats going on with my computer...
  4. I've experienced several system crashes what can it be ?

I've experienced several system crashes what can it be ?: I've been receiving the BSoD some times and having a lot of crashes mainly during games and was instructed to run the windows verifier, I've followed the procedures and I have the DMP files, if someone can help me to analyse them and find out whats going on with my computer...
  5. I've experienced several system crashes what can it be ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  7. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  8. What is the use of System Restore?

9. Restore system is stuck, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore system is stuck, what can I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DancingCatflower [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdvj4p/restore_system_is_stuck_what_can_i_do/
  10. Restore Using a System Image that I've Already Created

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Using a System Image that I've Already Created: How can I determine where the vhdx is in Disk Management? I attached it to Disk Management, but I didn't pay attention to what was there before, so I don't want to delete anything if it was already there before I attached the vhdx[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...