Windows 10: Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10

Discus and support Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I initially posted this question on Excel / Windows 10 / Office 365 for business forum and was suggested to post the question here. I have Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Novice588, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Novice588 Win User

Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10

I initially posted this question on Excel / Windows 10 / Office 365 for business forum and was suggested to post the question here.

I have Windows 10 and O365 for business. I like to pin my most used Excel files on the jump list. I have gone into regedit and added the dword JumpListItems_Maximum to increase the number of jumplist to 30. This works for explorer. But, on Excel, the jumplist item is limiting to 17 pinned items and 2 recent items. New excel files I opened is not showing under recent items. I can't pin more items to the jump list. Is there another jumplist control for Excel? I have tried updating the Excel display options in case it affects the jumplist. It didn't.

Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10 fa8d3338-1ede-47e6-ab9e-1c465d298c72?upload=true.png Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10 0ee4aa09-e716-473e-bba0-0bb0a4403e26?upload=true.png

:)

Novice588, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Bucky Win User

Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist.

My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by right-clicking the tray icon (i.e., set friends status to online/away/offline, open settings, server browser, screenshots, etc.) using these settings:

Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10 [​IMG]

In Windows 7 all of these options were displayed in the jump list with the last launched game at the top, in Windows 8/8.1 it seemed that they lowered the number of jumplist items by 1, as I no longer had the most recent game at the top, in Windows 10 Tech Preview, it was the same as Windows 8 until a recent build which redecorated all of the jumplists.

Now I'm left with these options:

Thanks!

Bucky, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

The same jumplist shows wherever you right-click on Excel (or any other app that has a jumplist) be that on a tile in Start, pinned to the taskbar or in Start's 'all apps' list.

Right-click on any file name in the jumplist (like your ABC.xls) and you should see options to 'Pin to this list' and 'Remove from this list'. If the file is pinned to the list, you have to unpin it first before you can remove it from the list.

*Arrow Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

If that isn't working for you, then it sounds like you'll need to reset the recent items that jumplists show. This will reset ALL jumplists, not just the Excel one, so only reset it if nothing else works.

*Arrow Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

4. unkellsam Win User

Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

Keith, you did it!!! This works. And this does regulate the maximum sum of recent items + pinned items. I had to play with both JumpListItems_Maximum and Start_JumpListItems to get the jumplists just right. Note that I am on Insider Build 11082 where the jumplists look slightly different and the start menu 512 app bug has been fixed.

unkellsam, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Jumplist items on Excel is different from number set on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Jumplist items Excel

2. FIXED – WINDOWS 10 JUMPLIST DELAY OPENING JUMPLIST FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS EXPLORER TASKBAR ICON

in Windows 10 Customization
    FIXED – WINDOWS 10 JUMPLIST DELAY OPENING JUMPLIST FOLDERS FROM WINDOWS EXPLORER TASKBAR ICON: [ATTACH] Hey Gang. I’ve been running Windows 10 Pro x64, and have been experiencing Jumplist delay of about 1-2 sec when trying to open jumplist folders from Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon. After hours of researching and testing, I discovered that my issue was caused by two...
  3. Folder showing different number of items for different users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder showing different number of items for different users.: I have a number of users that have folders showing the wrong number of files. I've checked the server and know how many files should be in the folders and when I've looked myself I'm seeing the right number of files. I've looked for a solution and most of the results...
  4. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  5. Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel jumplist entries won't stay pinned: I have moved my OneDrive folder from its default location to D: In my Excel recent files list I sometimes see two entries for a file One has the path D:\OneDrive etc and the filename includes the file extension The other has the path https://d.docs.live.net etc and does not...
  6. Windows 10 taskbar jumplist problem

Windows 10 taskbar jumplist problem: Hello. I recently (about a month ago I think) updated to version 1903 os build 18362.295 (windows 10 pro) and since then I have the problem: when I open a task (from jumplist tasks tab) from an app that is pinned to taskbar (right click chrome and open incognito mode for...
  7. Excel 2016 Jumplist no longer showing ANY recent workbooks

Excel 2016 Jumplist no longer showing ANY recent workbooks: I no longer have a section of the Jumplist labeled "Recent" it's just gone. I have 10+ Pinned workbooks and those all show up under the "Pinned" section of the jumplist but there is no "Recent" section or any documents showing other than my pinned workbooks. This just...
  8. excel window populated with number graphics from unknown source

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel window populated with number graphics from unknown source: Hello, I use excel quite a lot but have never seen this, please note the green blocky numbers in image. They change while scrolling in doc but do not seem to correlate to anything. [img] 69842
  9. Preserve jumplists from Windows 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Preserve jumplists from Windows 8: Hi everyone!! I'm planning to upgrade my Windows 8.1 tablet before July 29th *Biggrin. However, as i intensively use jumplists for work, I really need to preserve them, and to have them unmodified after the upgrade. Someone has experiences about this question? Thanks in...
  10. Start menu jumplist settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu jumplist settings: In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow. Is there any way to change this in W10? 18775

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 365 jump list

2. show jumplist over 10 office 365